Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: August 31, 2012 03:24PM

Has anybody ever seen this before???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtOHB1l_d8w&feature=related

"I heard demons screaming 'we've got another one!'"

You can see the Holy Ghost trying to interfere with her testimony at 2:17-19 ...LOL!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: holymoly ( )
Date: August 31, 2012 03:30PM

I think my head just exploded...Maybe americans don't believe in evolution because many of them haven't actually evolved yet?!?

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: August 31, 2012 03:39PM

Now THAT is a testimony. What a great Friday this is turning into.

Posted by: archer ( )
Date: September 24, 2012 03:49PM

Evolution is false; always has been, always will be. The next time I go fishing I say hi to your ancestor (the worm) just before I put it on the hook.

Date: September 24, 2012 03:54PM

and realize that in your gene pool the high point was 10,000 years ago, and it's been filling up with carp ever since.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: September 24, 2012 04:15PM

or crappies? you can eat two of those...and my dog eats the other one...:)

Is it me or is "archer" yearning for some good ole Dino-man action?
evolution is FALSE? Holy Guacamole!! someone from the vid is here...HIDE HIDE!! :)

just evolutin! :)

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: August 31, 2012 03:46PM

Wow!

It frightens me that there are adults with adult responsibilities that are so dialed-in to the irrational.

Posted by: moonbeam ( )
Date: August 31, 2012 04:05PM

I really hoped to find this funny, but mostly it scares me. Not just that there is one lady like this, but scores of them. *sigh* Only solace is that I can pretend it's outdated thinking.

Date: August 31, 2012 04:12PM

Don't let that old-style black and white broadcast media fool you into thinking that way of thinking is in any way outdated - at least a couple of those crazies are still alive and well today! LOL!

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: August 31, 2012 04:17PM

I don't think it was originally filmed in black and white. There is another video of the same broadcast on YouTube posted that is in color.

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: August 31, 2012 04:14PM

Has he not kept up with the language?

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: August 31, 2012 04:28PM

I don't know what is worse, that Mormons believe this, or that there are people arguing in the comments that her account of hell was wrong, because it conflicted with this verse or another from the bible.

Posted by: Serendiptiyhappens ( )
Date: August 31, 2012 04:47PM

WOW, I'll bet people in her old ward used to cringe when she got up on fast and testimony Sunday.

Posted by: skeptic ( )
Date: August 31, 2012 06:11PM

I am sure that I have seen this before..... and I also remember that the lady was outed as a non-lds fake.

Date: August 31, 2012 06:13PM

unless of course you are counting Mormons in the mix.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: August 31, 2012 06:25PM

That lady had it wrong. She testified, lifting her LEFT arm to the square, not her right.

JaHEzuz-um. How soon they forget.

Posted by: ragingphoenix ( )
Date: August 31, 2012 06:31PM

I find it interesting that so many people who believe in hell claim that demons are having a good time.

Wouldn't hell be hell? Miserable for everyone?

How can I sign up to be one of these good-timing demons?

;)

Hmmm...very dark but flames everywhere? Doesn't make much sense. Perhaps a snowball is in there after all?

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: August 31, 2012 06:39PM

Here's what REALLY (probably) happened.

The surgeon that gave her the meds told her, "I'll give you these life-saving meds, but only if you give up Mormonism and convert to the REAL Jesus."

So she made up the hell story to be consistent with his religion.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: August 31, 2012 07:12PM

The comments basically argue about whether or not mormons are christians and in a cult.

Is this lady's story any different than that of Joseph Smith's?

Posted by: runtu ( )
Date: September 24, 2012 03:54PM

Funny how NDEs always seem to reflect people's expectations and cultural biases.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: September 24, 2012 04:09PM

I knew a lot of people like this when I lived in the midwest. They were every where. The born agains are just a different version of Mormons. They basically all act the same.

They love to drag everyone into their public prayers, be it in a restaurant or the local school football game. They love praying and spouting off about Jesus if you want to hear it or not. The more dramatic the better.

I don't believe for a minute that this woman was ever a mormon. It's more likely she's either a wanna be preacher or the preachers wife. The born agains love, love, love, to bash mormons. I've sat in meetings that sounded very similar to what this lady was saying. I've had born agains tell me they were praying and fasting for me to become one of them. Yep, just mormonism in a different outfit.

Posted by: runtu ( )
Date: September 24, 2012 04:16PM

You know why she went to hell?

St. Peter took one look at that haircut and said "I'm sorry, but that's the unforgivable sin."

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: September 24, 2012 05:01PM

Would have liked to have been there at her next fast and testimony meeting. Haha.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.