Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: altava ( )
Date: August 26, 2012 07:09PM

So my bishop is my home teacher and despite doing all I can to avoid him, I finally cave and let him talk to me for 15 mins after church. He hands me a For the Strength of Youth pamphlet. What a load bs. Seriously, it actually says "Homosexual and lesbian behavior is a serious sin." Getting rid of the fact that is stupid, mean, and ridick but excuse me for wondering where they don't understand being a lesbian isn't being homosexual. Seriously church? This was just updated last year too. I'm impressed how little it's changed. Just enough to include video games and how we should spend more time with family than social media.

Urg. I'm hoping that my brother will eventually go to a family ward, now that he is almost 33. But I wonder if my parents have figured out thats why I still go. Either way, thinking I should burn this thing sometime soon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: heat27 ( )
Date: August 26, 2012 07:51PM

I hated that pamphlet. Youve seen the scared looks on the faces of the kids in that thing?

Date: August 27, 2012 12:54AM

Oh God I know. And the update isn't much better. I like that they put a picture of Jesus in front of it. Sorry Mormons, you only get a "You Tried" star.

Posted by: waner ( )
Date: August 27, 2012 01:23AM

Hated that pamphlet. We had to read it out loud in seminary and that's when I discovered masturbation was a sin. How could this wonderful feeling be sinful (I discovered it when I was 12)? I was not a happy camper after that. It's one of the worst things put out by the church, in my opinion. Major problems can probably develop for the people who really try to abide by its precepts....did for me.

Date: August 27, 2012 10:16PM

waner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hated that pamphlet. We had to read it out loud
> in seminary and that's when I discovered
> masturbation was a sin. How could this wonderful
> feeling be sinful (I discovered it when I was 12)?
> I was not a happy camper after that. It's one of
> the worst things put out by the church, in my
> opinion. Major problems can probably develop for
> the people who really try to abide by its
> precepts....did for me.

I agree completely. I was looking at this newer copy, and it's so...strict and pointless so at times. When I was younger this was great, now it's just a bunch of stupid rules to make busy teens/young adults more nervous about how they live their lives.

They even have a "travel version" so you can keep it with you to appropratly judge your friends who don't follow them! Or in my case, so your non-mormon friends can laugh in your face for being in a cult.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.