Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nick Humphrey ( )
Date: December 19, 2010 05:43AM

they finally announced that members now have to clean the church building themselves. my friend is writing me live via his cell phone at church telling me:
"Each family has one week each to do the chores. nows a good time to go inactive"
=)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2010 05:47AM by Nick Humphrey.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Observer ( )
Date: December 19, 2010 06:18AM

Active LDS associate ( bishopric member ) says this is not an inspired decision because what some see as clean, others are appalled at - and his kids have to use the restrooms etc. he's not happy.

Date: December 19, 2010 06:45AM

what you say is true, and statistically, it will be filthier in all lds chapels from here on out. there will always be someone who doesnt have a lot of time and does a rush job or someone who, like you say, thinks its "clean enough". whereas if a professional doesnt do a good job, he is fired and replaced by someone who will, so it will always be clean.

that could never be conceived as "inspired", especially considering the lds fetish for "cleanliness" =)

it is clear that the motive is financial and/or to prepare members for an even greater, uninspired, sacrifice.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2010 06:52AM by Nick Humphrey.

Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: December 19, 2010 07:22AM

for public buildings. Is it likely that Health Inspectors might close some buildings down if they don't meet the criteria?

Briggy

Date: December 19, 2010 07:24AM

although i dont think the churches are considered "public".

i posted the question on one of the country's biggest online newspapers, vg:
http://vgd.no/samfunn/religion-og-livssyn/tema/1619756/tittel/mormonere-maa-naa-vaske-sine-egne-kirker/innlegg/29980124/

will be interesting to see what people say.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2010 07:56AM by Nick Humphrey.

Posted by: mormon411 ( )
Date: December 19, 2010 07:47AM

The man responsible for this change is Craig Hunt. He oversees many departments of the church and he is screwing around with many aspects of church employment in order to cut costs. I know a church employee who is very disgruntled with the church right now. Here it is, Christmas time, and the church is laying people off left and right.

If it was the "true church" they wouldn't be so concerned with saving a buck or two. But Jesus is running around in heaven with dollar signs in his eyes!

Posted by: Otremer ( )
Date: December 19, 2010 10:33AM

Saint Paul's, Saint Peter's, Koln, Notre Dame, Salisbury, Saint Basil's, Sagrada Familia, Hagia Sophia....? World class religion my ass. The Mormon Church is just another small-time American cult like People's Temple.

Posted by: kmackie ( )
Date: December 19, 2010 10:45AM

My concern is cleanliness,however what if an accident was to happen to a member when on cleaning duty,what if the accident is serious enough to render them incapable of work for a while or even permanently,who will take care of them,who will compensate them,or will it be an act of God while in his service,this is not the God and Saviour I know,what is it with this Mormon God and the people.

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: December 19, 2010 11:40AM

I betcha there aren't any MSDS sheets in the custodian's closet for any of those toilet bowl cleaners. If an OSHA inspector found out that volunteer workers were cleaning church bldgs with hazardous chemicals and no MSDS sheets available, there would be fines involved. Too bad they don't drive around on Saturday mornings checking church buildings.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: December 19, 2010 01:48PM

the wardhouse would not be considered a place of employment.

Date: December 19, 2010 01:49PM

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: December 19, 2010 12:26PM

...Hello, is this OSHA?

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: December 19, 2010 03:35PM

Occupational Safety and Health Administration

http://www.osha.gov/

Posted by: Nealster ( )
Date: December 19, 2010 11:14AM

In a few years, the church will become known as 'The SMELLDS Church'! Lol!

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: December 19, 2010 12:02PM

The bigger issue is the nerve of Salt Lake, telling members to clean the buildiings while taking their money.

Members should give church headqarters the middle finger and walk off. Who needs this.

Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: December 19, 2010 12:27PM

I wonder how many will go inactive because of this.

Posted by: LOL ( )
Date: December 19, 2010 01:10PM

The Mormon church is not very large in Europe to begin with and cannot replicate itself because the birth rate is too low.

If they pull this in Germany the members will tell them

"Macht Euren Dreck alleene".

Posted by: Anon nevermo ( )
Date: December 19, 2010 01:23PM

"Macht Euren Dreck alleene".

I don't know what that means, but I got the "dreck" part. :-)

Posted by: camlough ( )
Date: December 19, 2010 01:37PM

"Macht euren Dreck alleene (alleine)" - literally it means clean up your own crap - the alleene however is Berlin slang and should normally read allein.

I have a family member who cleans a Church and is paid for it of course. If people put up with this, more the fool them I say.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.