Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: December 18, 2010 02:33PM

I spent the morning talking to my Sister and the holiday plans. I am very exicted to spend this time of year with her and my niece, whom I will meet for the first time.

Yes, she is mormon but still hangsout with her apostate brother. I know I have talked about her alot but she is pretty much all I have. I am grateful to have a loving sibiling that doesn't care about my non-beilef and still loves me.

For all those that have lost contact with family members due to leaving TSCC, I feel for you. I am not bragging about my status with my Sister, I just love her alot.

Happy Holidays!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: puck ( )
Date: December 18, 2010 04:46PM

You're very lucky! Have a great time with her. Out of 5 siblings, there's really only a sister of mine who I'm still close with, and I wish I could spend christmas with her (especially because her husband is in afghanistan). We don't talk religion and we get along just fine.

Have a very happy christmas!

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: December 18, 2010 05:05PM

And enjoy that little niece. I am very happy for all of you. I love it when my adult children get together jsut for the joy of each other's company.

Posted by: bezoar ( )
Date: December 18, 2010 05:28PM

I come from a very mormon family, but luckily they're not assholes about it. Not only did I leave the church, but I came out as gay as well. There have been bumps along the way, but my relationship with my family is as strong as ever.

I just flew in yesterday to spend 2 weeks with my family. My boyfriend flies in next Thursday to join me for a week. My family, and even my parents, accept my boyfriend as another member of the family.

My parents and sister are in a different ward than my brother and his family. Since family members are participating in the Christmas programs in both wards, I'm probably going to go to 2 sacrament meetings tomorrow - to support the family. I'm not comfortable at mormon meetings anymore. But they've been so good to me I'm going to be there for them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.