Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: December 18, 2010 09:35AM

No, it wasn't a Mormon love-bomb this time either. (Some of you may remember my mini freak-out at Thanksgiving).

It was just the lovely Knights of Columbus (Catholics) doing their Christmas thang. My son goes to parochial school and apparently we've been identified as a "needy" family. We're not poor but people love to give us stuff because we have a houseful of adopted/foster special needs kids.

Anyway, here's the kicker . . .

All my stuff came back to me!!!! lol! I had cleared out my cabinets of unused canned goods (translation: the yucky stuff nobody eats) and sent it all to school with DS for their Christmas Basket drive. Believe me, I know what I sent. And it's all there in it's re-gifted glory! bleh. At least the box was sprinkled with snickers bars and M&M's so I guess that makes up for it. ;o)

So NOW we have two extra frozen turkeys (counting the one from Thanksgiving). Anybody need a bird for Christmas??

;o)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: December 18, 2010 10:25AM

LOL That's funny about your unwanted stuff coming back to haunt you, albeit a tad annoying after you took the time to clear it all out.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: December 18, 2010 10:34AM

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: December 18, 2010 10:29AM

and the teacher noted what your son brought it. Thinking that must be food you LIKE to eat, they sent it back to you!

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: December 18, 2010 10:53AM

People can't help but admire families who take in adopted/foster children. At holiday time, they want to contribute. Besides this, your gracious personality (haven't met you, but it comes across in your posts) attracts givers.

With chagrin, you noticed that were re-gifted in part with what you had given. My guess is that they collected everything and divided it among the selected recipient families without either knowing or considering that someone might end up getting re-gifted.

Enjoy the turkeys & sweet goodies, anyway!

Posted by: Tahoe Girl ( )
Date: December 18, 2010 10:54AM

"All my stuff came back to me!!!!"

Turkey is great as left overs. Not just for sandwiches but for soup, tetrazzini, etc. You could always regift it to someone else, give it to a soup kitchen, or find someone who raw feeds their dog. They'd love a free turkey.

TG

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: December 18, 2010 10:57AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.