Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: December 17, 2010 10:24PM

I have the tunes cranked in the living room but in between cuts I heard someone knocking at my front door. By the time I got to the front of the house the person was leaving after hooking a bag of goodies on my doorknob.

She came back to the door and was a very mormon looking young woman. I'd say in her twenties and either married or will be shortly as there was a guy driving the car.

I have no idea who she was but she called me by name and wished me a Merry Christmas. She was gone before I could ask her name.

The goodies don't look to bad either. Cocoa mix and pretzels and stuff. Nothing unpackaged except some fruit. While I would prefer some home made fudge I don't think I'd want to eat any given to me by a stranger.

I wonder what mormons think when they drive out in the middle of nowhere to an old cowboys house and find him playing Miles Davis at loud volume?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mrs. Estzerhaus ( )
Date: December 17, 2010 10:45PM

The goodies are a lot better than the Book of Mormons with our family picture we had to give to our neighbors. I cringe thinking about that. Our formerly nice Methodist neighbors hated us after that!

Just goodies? No scriptures? Nothing else? Maybe they got the wrong house!

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: December 17, 2010 10:50PM

Nope not the wrong house. The bag has my name written on the back. No scriptures either. If I hadn't heard the knock I wouldn't have noticed the bag till morning.

They've done it before. This year the bag is decorated nicer. Usually it teenage boys who drop off the goodies. Give teenage boys the keys and they'll do anything.

Posted by: Dieter ( )
Date: December 17, 2010 11:02PM

Im not on their records as i was never baptised. I need to get my wife lovebombed. She got the lovebomb, after they convinced her to to school in rexburg and slc that helpconvert her. but never the creepy comeback lovebomb. Plus I would get cookies. Win win

Posted by: nomacarena ( )
Date: December 17, 2010 11:19PM

So what would exmo love bombing look like. I am interested in trying it if I had a few good ideas. I've been getting a manger figuring set, baby Jesus is due tomorrow. I saw them drive home I think I will be able to figure out which house it came from.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: December 17, 2010 11:22PM

They don't do love-bombing in my neck of the woods. I'd never even heard of it until I began hanging around on the ex-Mo forums. But I'm with the OP. As good as it might look, I don't think I'd eat something given to me by a complete stranger.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.