Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: December 17, 2010 07:07PM

Hey, yep, it's true!!! Yee Haw!! Maybe 'Sitting Bull's' spirit did it as I heard that he was baptised a few weeks ago in the SLC Temple!!! A fitting end to the whole mess. Comments? Feel free to post.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Richard Foxe ( )
Date: December 17, 2010 09:23PM

This story has at present count 450 comments at Huffington Post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/17/provo-tabernacle-fire_n_798358.html

When I read it, about 100 comments ago, there was a very interesting span about the subtext of many comments and how apparently intolerance is intolerable...unless directed at the intolerant. (Same kind of contradiction as in 'bullying is never acceptable--so let's bully bullies to death!') This is, of course, just a modern version of Hammurabi's nearly 4,000-year-old "eye-for-an-eye" Code of Laws.

It seems strange to me that otherwise liberals can revert to ancient archetypes in the name of their own righteous positions. Recovery or not, we are always responsible for our thoughts. Personally, I try to remember that if I would not entertain particular thoughts about the ones I love the most, I should not hold them about anyone.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: December 17, 2010 10:02PM

Well, it seems you've assumed that most people should want to be be recovered or mature. Most people either don't want to be (for good or bad -- whether they should or shouldn't) or for some reason they can't.

People are this way, whether they're "liberal" "conservative" "exmormon" "mormon" "ignorant" or "enlightened."

Posted by: Holy the Ghost ( )
Date: December 17, 2010 10:10PM

I thought it was a beautiful building. I have fond memories of visiting as a tourist. A lot of sincere people put a lot of effort and sacrifice into building. I won't be celebrating.

Posted by: BRINGEMYOUNG ( )
Date: December 17, 2010 10:27PM

My sympathies on the great loss for those who loved the place and the loss they feel. Hopefully they will be able to salvage enough of the structure to rebuild it.

Posted by: BRINGEMYOUNG ( )
Date: December 17, 2010 10:31PM

utahmonomore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey, yep, it's true!!! Yee Haw!! Maybe 'Sitting
> Bull's' spirit did it as I heard that he was
> baptised a few weeks ago in the SLC Temple!!! A
> fitting end to the whole mess. Comments? Feel
> free to post."

A truly tacky and classless comment regardless of your own belief or lack thereof.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.