Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: The Motrix ( )
Date: December 17, 2010 03:44PM

In honor of the disgusting changes to the headings of the BOM verses, I would like to pledge my utter fascination with brown women the world over.
These supposedly cursed women are alluring, enthralling, and appealing to me. I was rasied around whites my entire life and can remember at a very young age my extreme attraction to "lamanite" women that was much more intense than the white, err, pure and delightsome types. I daydreamed about them constantly. In fact, my best friend and I fought over a Mexican girl in Kindergarten, about who would get to live with her in the hills "Grizzly Adams" style (a very popular TV show at the time).
I love Latinas, Polynesians, Indians, Native Americans . . . you name it.
Luckily, I married a gorgeous "lamanite", but was told by my tbm dad that it would never work with "that kind" and that he thought she was very unattractive on account of her "curse" -- what a stupid old f*ck. But, we made it work, without any help from the family and I am still happily married 20 years later; so stick it in your duff, Pop.
This is my confession. In the name of Jesus H. Christ. Ramen.

Anyone else think that cursing ladies with brown skin was a super happy accident that god stumbled upon?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 17, 2010 03:53PM

2 Nephi 5:21 For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.

Posted by: mateo ( )
Date: December 17, 2010 03:57PM

Or perhaps you just aren't part of "his people".

Date: December 17, 2010 09:59PM

I'm totally cool with that.

Posted by: buckhntr ( )
Date: December 17, 2010 04:13PM

One of my best friends was born in India. She dresses very sexy and even allowed me to photograph her in lingere. I just love looking at her, We hang out together alot, but have never been initmate. I'm almost twice her age and she thinks thats icky. But she does consider me her best friend. So admit me to the club I loves me some dark women.

Posted by: amos ( )
Date: December 17, 2010 04:21PM

IMO racism is the most blatant give-away in Mormonism. I guess it's a tie with sexism.
They've corrected the BoM from "white" to "pure", but so what? 2Ne5:21 is way more aggregious and explicit. How are they going to fix it?
I almost believe the brethren when they say the change was just to restore the BoM to the original text, because it doesn't help the BoM's racism AT ALL!

No attempt (yet) to "correct":

2 Nephi 5:21 For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.

Why not?
Are they still racist?
Would the change be too obvious to whistle blowers?
Was it actually just a non-skin metaphor after all?
If a metaphor, it's an extremely offensive and insensitive one to compare black skin to black hearts, ESPECIALLY given the irony that dark-skinned peoples have suffered disproporationally for white-skinned black-heartedness.

2Ne5:21 is frontal injustice and ignorance, and is, all by itself, PROOF that the BoM is not of God. And this is not a copying error, not a clumsy-words don't-blame-Mormon-for-not-having-the-words-in-his-language-to-express-himself error, it's not a if-there-are-weaknesses-they-are-the-weakness-of-men error. It's a blatant, frontal, explicit, repetitious, thematic, contextual, immoral true-sign-of-fitness error.

Posted by: mireille ( )
Date: December 17, 2010 04:32PM

If there's anything that reflects the origin of the Book of Mormon in the 19th century, this is it. In ancient times, you were judged not on your skin color, but on which tribe or people group you belonged to (in Old Testament times) or on your status as born free, freedman or slave (in New Testament Roman times). The Book of Mormon's references to "skin of blackness" and other markers indicating skin color as a godly preference point to a time where skin color was the judge of whether or not a person was good. Why, that would be in more modern times.

P.S. As a violently freckle-skinned white person, I've always been jealous of darker skinned people, to the point of wondering how I would have handled it if I'd been born African-American or Hispanic.

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: December 17, 2010 04:36PM

Posted by: angeybabey ( )
Date: December 17, 2010 04:47PM

I was seriously dating an African American man after my second divorce. He was one of the best people I have ever known and loved me more than I could have ever imagined. When my TBM parents found out my dad said that he would disinherit me if I married him. He said that he wouldn't ever want to see me again. He said that our cultural differences would be too different to make it work (I didn't see that). My mom asked me if I thought it was a bad example for my kids, I said no. So I ended the relationship. Now my brother is dating an African American woman and to my knowledge my parents have not said anything about it and welcome her with open arms into their home. I haven't said anything about it......yet. When I mentioned it to my visiting teacher she basically said that it was because of the gender difference and that she could see how it was okay for them to accept a black woman but not a black man. I just don't get it. I guess if they get married and have babies they better hope that they are all female.

Posted by: Summer ( )
Date: December 17, 2010 08:25PM

...that I was traveling around a city deep in the future. By then, all of the human races had sort of melted together, and the people walking around the city were a beautiful golden color. We were all one.

Nice dream!

Posted by: WestBerkeleyFlats ( )
Date: December 17, 2010 08:32PM

mireille is absolutely correct. I can't think of a single reference to skin color in the Bible although there's obviously almost an obsession with tribal, national, and "ethnic" identity in the Old Testament. What an amazing coincidence that the Israelites Americans millennia ago had the same racial concerns as white Europeans in the early 19th century U.S.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: December 18, 2010 01:50AM

Philip teaches and baptizes an Ethiopian.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: December 17, 2010 11:17PM

Mormonism is the only religion that I know of that incorporates north American style skin colour racism in its theology. Other countries have some sort of caste system but in America the hypodecent (i.e. one drop rule) predominates. I had a Mormon girlfriend that I used to hang out with in middle school. One day she asked me how I stayed so tan. After I told her I inherited it from my dad she wasn't quite so friendly after that.

Posted by: Prophetess ( )
Date: December 17, 2010 11:49PM

The brown-skinned guys are always the most attractive. No offense to you "exceedingly fair and delightsome" types...

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 18, 2010 12:15AM

I once spent a month working in Cambodia, and I thought the Cambodian women were so pretty, but I wasn't prepared for how pretty the women in Congo are. And the men are great looking, too. It's a beautiful bunch of people there. How anyone could condemn people for having something like darker skin or, as Brigham Young noted, "flat noses," is beyond me. Plus, part of the women's beauty came not from their beautiful features, but from the shiny blackness of their skin alone. It has depth or something. I can't really explain it.

One of my sons said, "Dad, I have to prepare you. You know I'm going to marry some kind of 'woman of color,' don't you?" He explained later that he meant anything non-white, and African was particularly good. I guess the love of dark skin runs through the family. (But so far all his girlfriends have been pasty white northern Italians.)

Posted by: formermormer ( )
Date: December 18, 2010 05:27AM

i remember as a kid being openly taught that god changed people's skin from black to white when they were righteous and visa versa, and also that all blacks are decendents of cain. this was a mere 20 years ago.

Posted by: Dr. B (Buzzard Bait) ( )
Date: December 18, 2010 11:36AM

I have been married to a Latina (so called Lamanite) for 52 years and wouldn't trade her for anyone. We have had 7 children and I love them all - Children, Grandchildren, & Great grandchildren including most are brown, with one Black. Racism is so sick to me and It makes my blood boil when I see or hear this. This is not of God! and It is evil to look down on anyone because of their race or skin color.

Posted by: dane ( )
Date: December 18, 2010 11:45AM

I think many were brain washed in our youth with the 'white and delightsome' bull shit. I know I was but once the blinders came off, I was amazed at what a bit of color does for anyone.

Mission Presidents wife was transparently white and wore blood red lip stick, and dyed her hair black as night. (Think Snow White in the fairy tale.) She certainly stood out where ever she was. Still, I found her looks to be rather bizarre and off putting.

DW is very fair skined. Until her make up goes on, it is a ghostly aparition and she fights her natural washed out appearance constantly. No eye brows can be seen. Also, she dyes her hair blonde (still). I would never say anything to her but her natural color fits her better. Still, beauty is to the eye of the beholder. What each person thinks about themselves is all that matters. I ain't a much of a picture either - (think bald).

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: December 18, 2010 11:58AM

I was pretty self-concious about my mixed heritage. I wanted to be blonde and blue-eyed when I was a little girl. I still have a couple issues about my mixed heritage due to living in Utah on and off, however, I am very proud of my Dine and Spanish blood. I have some kick-ass ancestors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2010 11:59AM by itzpapalotl.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: December 18, 2010 12:02PM

I sat in bed nude, blankets covering me from the waist down and in the darkened bedroom, as my hubby approached the bed he said "Honey, your skin's so white your boobs glow in the dark!"

(shrug)

Posted by: lovesbrownwomen ( )
Date: December 18, 2010 07:11PM

Brown women are definitely the hottest. I find no attraction to my own race at all (I'm Caucasion). I have always been with Latinas or women of color. They just are built for womanly, curve, feminine, hot and more attractive to me IMO.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.