Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: AnonyMs ( )
Date: December 17, 2010 01:15PM

I think this subject has been covered already........but I will tune in tonight to watch.

I can't think of what new information will be covered.......I guess the trial.

K

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: December 17, 2010 03:41PM

It is on at 8 in Utah. I read in the paper that there is a new interview with her parents.Elizabeth is not interviewed, but there are showing earlier statements she made. I think she has returned to Paris. Other than that, it is probably a rehash.I'll watch it, but I doubt there will be anything new revealed.

Date: December 18, 2010 02:10PM

She is moving on but I suspect she will be haunted with this horrible abuse/crime later in her life....maybe after child birth, or with grief/loss of loved one etc....

In fact, I spoke with a therapist friend who would recommend that Eliz get more psychological help....evidentually she will have to anyway.

K

Date: December 18, 2010 02:20PM

Posted by: Friend of a Mo ( )
Date: December 18, 2010 02:36PM

It was interesting, yet not surprising to hear Ed Smart repeatedly talk over his wife and at the end she wasn't even at the interview.

I hope for Elizabeth's sake she has gotten therapy and continues with it for as long as she needs it. Wishing something away or merely refusing to not think about it, will not make it go away.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: December 18, 2010 03:06PM

Nothing really new, but it was nice to hear Lois. Usually Ed does all the talking.I have heard from several sources that the whole family has had therapy and Elizabeth can always get more in the future if the need arises

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: December 18, 2010 04:39PM

It was a homey interview with her parents giving some insight and how they are managing.
There is a lot of "healing" going on -- they didn't go into it.
It appears that there is some kind of therapy it is timely and appropriate. This kind of experience is on a healing continuum.
She has anything she needs at her disposal. Elizabeth is a smart woman, she'll take care of her self and seems to be doing well - each step of the way.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.