Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: The Motrix ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 02:58PM

WOW. This crap is just distrubing. A "successful" Mormon kidnapping and raping women in his cabin. He's also a financial planner with his own investment group. Hmm. Wonder if he might be taking people's money with another Mormon ponzi scheme?

He's also a GOP fundraiser. Check out the pictures. He's there with all the top Utah GOPs, including a picture with ROMNEY.

When they said follow the prophet, he took it literally. Raping, stealing, and involved in politics are all JS hobbies. I bet my TBM brother in law is freind of this smuck. BIL's friends on FB has all the crazy ponzi schemers from the state.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=21322815&nid=960&title=gop-activist-accused-of-kidnapping-raping-women-he-met-online&s_cid=featured-1

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 03:25PM

>> Peterson hosted about 300 Republican lawmakers, including Sen. Orrin Hatch, Rep. Jason Chaffetz and Gov. Gary Herbert, at his Heber cabin in 2011 for the Rocky Mountain Conservatives annual convention and BBQ.

Those guys sure do associate with some honorable people, don't they?

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 03:26PM

The same cabin that he raped all the women...

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 03:27PM

The Penishood Power of Discernment strikes again.

Not.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 03:31PM

I'm amazed that serial rapist didn't kill any of those women. Left to his own devices he probably would have eventually.

Posted by: Aaron Hines ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 05:31PM

That's probably the only good part of this story. I want to know how/why it took so long for the guy to be arrested...if, like helemon states below, the women tried to report the attacks through church and were told to pray instead of report it?

Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 05:13PM

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 05:27PM

Nice pic of the rapist with Mitt Romney.

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 05:17PM

I wonder if the woman he met at church will be told she has to repent for her part in the rape? Or chastized for not fighting him to the death as the prophet SWK instructed.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 10:27PM

Putting that doctrine with these actions makes me a little sick inside.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 05:17PM

what kind of skeletons are hidden in Mitt's closet. After all, as a student at Stanford, he liked to dress up in a cop's uniform and pull over coeds in their cars, according to one of his roommates. That's the sort of behavior that rapists engage in...

Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 05:20PM

So, this alleged serial rapist, mormon, tea party activist is also "a certified financial planner at Peterson Wealth Management in Orem."

Methinks we need to find the financial shenanigans at Peterson Wealth Management. This guy could fill a dunderhead bingo card all by himself:

1. mormon
2. misogynist
3. rapist
4. anti-immigrant/racist bore
5. tea party fanatic
6. worshipper of Mitt Romney
7. BYU graduate
8. certified financial planner who is also a financial scammer?

Posted by: drwal ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 05:28PM

Wow -- scary that he was not caught sooner.

Posted by: Tristan-Powerslave ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 05:29PM

This is exactly the type of criminal psycho behavior that has my mom always saying, 'The church is perfect, but the people aren't. He'll be punished in the eternities.'

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 05:44PM

I doubt he'll die outside of Prison... After making friends with Mark Hofmann, et al.

wonder if he had any Ponzi scheme's a goin;.

now, watch everyone he associated with SCREAM:

Innocent unless/until proven guilty!

then, after the heat has cooled, there will be either:

a suicide or a plea bargain.

this guy's TOAST.

In church, tho, he learned about earrings/tattoos, white shirts, the Word of Wisdom; Don't wear flip-flops, and perhaps the missionaries gave a 'Guest Lesson' at a fireside.

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 05:55PM

"Peterson allegedly held the girl hostage at his cabin overnight and sexually assaulted her. The next day, he took her to his mother's house in Lewiston, Cache County, where she was held hostage for two days and repeatedly assaulted, according to court documents."

WTF!

Posted by: lilygeorge ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 06:28PM

Agreed -- is that Norman Bates creepy or what???

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 06:40PM

Wow. But sadly I'm not at all shocked. I think more and more raping Mormons are going to come to light (that Skippy guy comes to mind...). But this is what happens when psychopaths are LDS members...the church confirms and exasperates their sociopathy, narcissism, and misogyny.

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 06:50PM

Um... can we use him to help clear land mines in war-torn regions? A special prison work assignment just for some as classy as him.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 06:54PM

Is there confirmation that he is indeed LDS? I couldn't find mention of it in the two links.

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 07:03PM

Graduated from Brigham Young University. While not a guaranteed confirmation, that all but confirms it.

(Not to mention, he's pallin' around, as Ms. Plain would say, with the Mormon political elite of Utah. Doubt he's Ex.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2012 07:04PM by flyboy21.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 07:04PM

He met one of the women at a "church function in Draper."

Posted by: AnonforThis ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 07:49PM

I read this article and immediately texted my sister in SLC. She's a well connected twenty something single, who is active in GOP social circles. I had a bad feeling, and bad feeling was confirmed abt 30 mins ago when she called me to say YES she knows him, he has approached her repeatedly on FB, and at other events. He has offered her tickets to events as well. He asked her personal questions abt why she is still single, etc, and when she told him to get lost, he unleashed his fury abt "beauty queens" always act like that, and other shiz. I told her to print it all, and give it to the police.

She said he is too ugly for her ( she's not shallow, right?).....but that he is extremely charismatic, and could easily have convinced women to hang out with him.

She has been shocked and stunned, and admittedly freaked out of her mind. She said she and her best friend, and best friend's mother have been talking abt it all day.
I asked her if she has told our mom, and she said no. I'm convinced my overprotective mom is going to lose her mind, knowing my sister was an acquaintanceof this horrible man. Ugh. I'm pretty upset about it myself.

One other thing, when I asked her if she knew any of the girls, she said when/if they release names, she's almost sure she will.

It just makes me absolutely sick to my stomach, those women are somebody's daughter/sister/friend and fellow humans.

Posted by: JL ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 09:21PM

Rape is something very difficult to recover from. It can practically ruin the victim's life.

Anyone who rapes another human being deserves to be punished severely under the law.

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 09:35PM

No telling how long he has been doing this. I wonder if there are other women who are afraid to come forward.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.