Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anonymous for this ( )
Date: July 08, 2012 10:45PM

So I know that people going through the temple get the same name over the course of one day... So I was wondering, is there any way to find out the names assigned on any given day? I think it would be for a great eye-opener for someone I know if I was able to tell them their temple names. They're going through the the temple in about a month from now, I'm not sure if they'll do it before or the day of their sealing, but I have a feeling whenever it happens, she'll post it allllll over facebook, so I'll have the exact date.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Whiskey_Tango ( )
Date: July 08, 2012 11:13PM

They probably keep a list at the temple, but it probably is kept under lock and key...You aren't even supposed to know that everyone gets the same name so I doubt they are going to be free with the list...

Posted by: toto ( )
Date: October 21, 2012 10:29AM

Here's what kimball's been compiling. Please add your names: http://www.fullerconsideration.com/templenameoracle.php

Posted by: suzanne ( )
Date: July 08, 2012 11:31PM

I'm not sure, but I think that the names are recyled on the same day every month. I was endowed on the 28th of August and another time at the temple, on the 28th of the month, they used the same name. Does anyone know if that is how it really works?

I remember that it didn't shake my faith as much as amuse me when that happened. *sigh*

Posted by: Mormoney ( )
Date: July 08, 2012 11:40PM

I knew about the name sharing on the day of my own endowments when I went in for my own when I was 19. So this was never an impediment to my faith knowing that. I compared with someone else on that day who was going through for the dead the first two letters and yup, it matched. The only way you can ever find out a name from a certain date is your own name. The temple will have a record from the day of your own live endowment and will tell you your name only in the temple. The only other way is to get a bunch of exmos together and start doing up comparison charts.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: July 08, 2012 11:58PM

Any Martha's on the 15th of June?

Posted by: suzanne ( )
Date: July 09, 2012 12:01AM

Susanna on the 28th of any month? (I think the days in each month are the same...)

Posted by: Itsallclear ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 09:59AM

Yep, I went through on the 28th as well and my temple name was Susanna

Posted by: AnonRightNow ( )
Date: July 09, 2012 12:26AM

Benjamin on the 27th of December?

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: July 09, 2012 02:58AM

My god-given name was written on a LAMINATED CARD that the TW pulled out of his pocket. I wouldn't be suprised if the ink on the card was black Kool-aide.

Someone needs to compile a List. There must be enough exmos out there to create an extensive one. I can't remember the exact date I was tokened. I'll have to ask my TBM mother? It's funny how someone's secret name can be unveiled by such simple means... It's a latter day Expositor. The potential power of such a list gives me shivers...but then again evey TBM living inside the coffin of mormonism won't care if there is one more nail. the sun sets on us all.

Posted by: anonymous for this ( )
Date: July 09, 2012 11:13AM

I think that's a great idea :) If no one starts a separate thread about it by this time tomorrow, I'll do it (anonymously, of course).

Posted by: anon4now ( )
Date: July 09, 2012 11:32AM

Josiah May 15

Posted by: happilynotmormon ( )
Date: July 09, 2012 11:38AM

Abish Dec 27

Posted by: icedlatte ( )
Date: July 09, 2012 12:03PM

A few I know of:

Elizabeth and Nimrod on Feb 18th

Rachel and Hyrum on June 13th

Posted by: the one and only ( )
Date: July 09, 2012 01:46PM

Miriam dec 17

Posted by: rutabaga ( )
Date: July 09, 2012 02:06PM

Elijah Sept 28

Posted by: ghcswife ( )
Date: July 09, 2012 02:22PM

Edna Sept. 5 or 6

Posted by: Nimrod Von Korihor ( )
Date: July 09, 2012 02:33PM

Elizabeth & Nimrod on a May 18th. Looks like you're onto something. Every month these same named couples get married the same day. Maybe that's what the mirrors symbolize: endless carbon-copy repetition.

Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: July 09, 2012 02:36PM

I think, although I am far removed from the faith at this time, that the names are different at different temples. The reason I assume this is because when you forget your temple name, and you call whoever is supposed to know, they ask for the date and the temple. TSCC may recycle the names each month, but it is probably different at different temples.

Posted by: eve88 ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 01:13AM

We have a hit! My husband's ex wife went through on Dec 17th and her name is Miriam as well. She is very TBM and would die if she knew I knew. My name is Eve which I think is a default name.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 04:55AM

Yup. If someone's name was Rebekah and the temple name du jour is Rebekah, they would change hers to Eve. Adam for the men.

Posted by: Samantha Baker ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 09:43AM

I got the name eve as well. My real name is robin.

Posted by: karin, not logged in, tho ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 03:48PM

Hey, mine is Miriam too. Mar. 15 88 in washington dc.

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 03:23AM

I went for the first and only time in June 1988, with my new name being Esther. I did one proxy session, whose new name was Abigail. I think it was mid-June. Does anyone have an idea of when those two names were used?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Susan

Posted by: epsynonia ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 09:23AM

Mine is Abigail, may 18th, 1991 in Denver

Posted by: mary ( )
Date: October 21, 2012 07:42AM

Mine is Abigail. May 10 th 2012

Posted by: sparkles ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 03:26PM

I received the temple name of Esther too and I went through on Aug. 20th.

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 04:26AM

I did temple work for dead relatives once, and I was sooo moved and inspired and sure that it was sign that she had accepted the gospel...

why?.. she had 'my' temple name.

Ofcourse that was before I knew the deal with Temple names being recycled..

Posted by: pronto285 ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 02:45PM

Well unless the change it every couple years (quite possible) there is already one contradiction (if it is by day and not month as has been hypothesized). epsynonia said her's was abigail on the 18th but it seemed like 18th was elizabeth and Nimrod. And Abish on the 27 contradicts with Benjamin, and they are both the 27th of december. That is, if Abish is a male name. I admit I'm not entirely sure.

Posted by: happilynotmormon ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 03:18PM

Abish is a female name, it was mine. I found it quite interesting that there were two others named Abish, both on the 27th of different months.

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: July 10, 2012 03:33PM

Some of these names I don't see on the Oracle. If you remember the year and day, please submit.

http://www.fullerconsideration.com/templenameoracle.php

Posted by: safetyforthesoul ( )
Date: October 22, 2012 12:52AM

Based on the oracle list, my sisters have the same new name... I wonder if that would bother them....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.