Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 12:08PM

Condolences. I'm sorry for your losses today, but Catpain Moroni and Battle Damage Jesus really came through in kicking your digestive biscuit filled fannies (and I'm aware of what that word really means)into last century as we created the greatest nation that god has ever given us.

Free from the tyranny and oppression of your tyrannical and oppressive rule, we were able to grant everyone and everything super duper freedoms that have lasted generations.

And things have never been better for us as you wallow in poverty and sin - just like the book of Mormon prophesied.

I'm not trying to rub it in too much. But it is our birthday and we want presents if your queen isn't too busy waving at people and oppressing them. While we hand out freedoms like Hallowwen candy.

Which is also something that makes us better. Halloween!

If you weren't so busy being tyrannical and having adorable accents, your children could dress up like Spiderman and scary clowns to get free, cheap chocolate harvested by other children with adorable accents.

But no. Too oppressive.

Anyway. I thought I'd drop you a line before we blow stuff up with an idea we made up hundreds of years ago when we beat you punks down.

Fireworks!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Just browsing ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 01:14PM

If you are being "sarcastic" OK --but obviously --you are ignorant that it took the best blood of the British to actually found America -- The Royal Family takes no part in actually ruling or governing the population.

As far as being better in the USA -- 14 million unemployment, corruption at all levels of business and government. Healthcare only if you can afford it-- illicit drugs and pill popping parents who live on credit cards ??

Sure sound better !! (Sarcastic)

It might be good for you to understand England and the utter civility and manners coupled with the courage and integrity which gives the BRITISH a bedrock to its national character. Also I think that you should look up the structure of the Laws of America and compare them with the Laws of England..

**I actually LOVE the USA and enjoy all the good things contained within its character and boundaries. However like all nations it has its good and bad points** There is no need to diminish one country to promote another, and REMEMBER to rub something in, you have to cover your own hands with it first.

Just ask Matt and Brigantia

JB

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 01:17PM

Seems almost nobody wants to be under British rule.

Posted by: Lostmypassword ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 05:04PM

MJ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seems almost nobody wants to be under British
> rule.

Then there are the Commonwealth countries. As I understand it, they get to play British when in the mood; but do their own thing otherwise.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 05:39PM

Posted by: Erin Go Bragh ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 01:25PM

Date: July 04, 2012 01:32PM

Why else would the Middle Eastern countries keep referring us as the "Great Santa of the West?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2012 01:32PM by Raptor Jesus.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 01:36PM

The great santa of the West?? I am screaming with laughter and tears.

...just so you know---somebody got your funniest joke ever.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 02:48PM

no words...just laughing my ass off.

Posted by: Turd ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 01:43PM

Posted by: skeptifem ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 02:39PM

Just browsing Wrote:
> If you are being "sarcastic" OK --but obviously
> --you are ignorant that it took the best blood of
> the British to actually found America

lol yeah because the natives here didn't "found" it well enough. fucking imperialists.

Date: July 04, 2012 02:47PM

"It might be good for you to understand England and the utter civility and manners coupled with the courage and integrity"

Hahahahaha! Are you serious?

Look man, every group has various people of various levels of civility, manners, courage, and integrity. Nothing I have seen from the dozens and dozens of British expats I have known well in my lifetime would suggest that they have any of these qualities in any greater abundance than any normal person I have met in Europe or in the US. If your government or your culture is telling you that they have these properties, but that other people do not, they are being silly.

Also, RJ was probably being sarcastic.

America! F&ck yeah!

"and REMEMBER to rub something in, you have to cover your own hands with it first."

Good point man. BTW, I do love my Brit friends. :)

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 03:13PM

second best blood actually.

haven't you heard of primogeniture?

let's not be "cavalier" in our assessment of RJ -- the scaley titless bastard.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 03:17PM

14 million unemployed? I thought it was 14 million Mormons?

Posted by: jezebel2mishies ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 03:40PM

+ 1000

I love my country too. I recognize that as a born US citizen, I enjoy many freedoms that other women in the world don't have...for example, the ability to take a long roadtrip to a strange place by myself, and to make decisions about my body and reproductive health.

But seriously, when I size us up next to Britain...well, I'd rather have affordable healthcare and a better economy than have to listen to the @$$hole neighbors shoot off illegal fireworks at 1am every night.

Date: July 04, 2012 01:22PM

I don't remember reading that in my history book that had been gutted by a Texan Super Patriotic Committee that was duty sworn to give me the best "non-blaming America First" history that they could possibly edit.

Posted by: janebond462 ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 02:35PM

Our Gallic bretheren helped before their national motto changed to "Collaborate, Capitulate & Surrender" ;-)

Posted by: austrobrit ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 01:35PM

Holy Moroni, hello Lyndon Larouche, didn't notice you come in.

Revenge is a dish best served cold. The Morg probably would have died on its arse if it wasn't for all those plucky British saints, boatload after boatload bringing bad food, worse hymns, hypocrisy and a taste for wife-swapping. I forgot to mention thin skins.

If the Church had started with less Brits and a few more Norwegians and Swedes, the brethren would all be Minnesota nice. The joke's on you... the trouble is, it's not funny a lot of the time!

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 02:26PM

Stick with bean counting and science, okay? Leave the deep history stuff for those of us who maintain our touch with the common man...

Seriously, you're spiking the football. Real historians just smile sweetly and remind the Brits how we bailed their sorry arses out of that pickle they got into with the Teutonic crowd in 1939...

And Captain Moroni? Shoot, he was a wuss compared to his contemporaries, Arthur and Lancelot...

Posted by: kizdar ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 02:57PM

Hahaha! Spiking the football with excessive celebration is a five-yeard penalty --- they still use yards in the UK, right? Our bad, I say!

Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 05:30PM

I also thank the people on the ground, who stood firm and steadfast, in the midst of bombing and fires, who for years had sacrificed sons and husbands in the battle for freedom. The women of Britain kept the country going with meagre rations and a lionesque spirit.

Thanks to them I can live in peace.

We also remember the GIs who came over here, oversexed and overpaid, thinking they were Rambo and expecting us to fall at their feet. We taught them that no matter what colour they are, nobody cares and they could mix with anyone without fear of censure.

Briggy

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 02:41PM

England ? Isn't that the country that has healthcare ?

Plus .... We probably wouldn't even be a country without the help provided by the french.

Date: July 04, 2012 02:52PM

This is the first time I think I've ever seen his extinct holiness be flamed before. Sweet Satanasaurus Rex!

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 03:30PM

I dunno. The US is in the bottom of everything now--reading, math, history, and geography (correctly pronounce "JA-grafy," not "jee-AH-grafy"). Not to mention that Americans, up to this point, still have no national coverage plan that allows the population to have access to health care, and still allow insurance companies to control the decisions of Congress, both of which cause medical spending to spiral out of control and could badly damage or ruin the US economy. And now we've gone dead least among the developed countries in something that was once absolutely sacred in America, upward mobility, the ability to climb out of one's social station in life into a better one through education and hard work.

But if it makes you feel any better, we're still as jingoistic, xenophobic, militant, willfully ignorant, and surprisingly racist as ever.

So, uh... Yeah. God bless America. And all that. Yay. Yeah. We're number one.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 03:32PM

"In 1775, Thomas Jefferson and John Quincy Adams set sail across the Delaware River to tell the King of England they had enough of his liberal agenda. King James called Napoleon and together they decided to kill America. They sent the Nina, the Piñata and the Santa Maria to fight. But then, George Washington and Abraham Lincoln gathered an army to turn back the big government dictators. They told Paul Revere to ride his horse to Frodo to tell him to cast the ring of power into the fires of Mount Doom. But then, John Wilkes Booth showed up and killed Lincoln. But there was still hope, because Jesus appeared on the face of the Liberty Bell and he froze John Wilkes Booth in carbonite. And the liberal homosexuals sailed back to their gay countries, while Americans claimed their land and drank beer. And that's how freedom was born. "

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/07/04/1105592/-Cheers-and-Jeers-July-4-1776

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 04:41PM

Why did we ever fight to leave Great Brittan? They have healthcare, great theatre, and round-a-bouts while we have endless wars and extremely unfair taxes. Only in America will a middle-income guy like me pay a higher rate (6% higher) than Mitt Romney.

Perhaps, one day…when we are cool enough…our distant cousins across the pond will take us back?

Posted by: skeptifem ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 04:44PM

praydude Wrote:
> Why did we ever fight to leave Great Brittan?
> They have healthcare, great theatre, and
> round-a-bouts while we have endless wars and
> extremely unfair taxes. Only in America will a
> middle-income guy like me pay a higher rate (6%
> higher) than Mitt Romney.
>
> Perhaps, one day…when we are cool enough…our
> distant cousins across the pond will take us back?

Well it wasn't always that way, british people fought to get the policies they have. Americans don't do a lot of effective activism, folks here tend to just vote for damage control.

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 04:49PM

Your OP reminds me of something from The Colbert Report!

Posted by: TheIrrationalShark ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 05:16PM

Ineed, it is a "choice land above all other lands."

Posted by: Just browsing ( )
Date: July 04, 2012 05:36PM

Where is Matt and Brigantia when you need them ?? Or how about the ex-missionaries who served in the British Isles..

All countries have great things going for them, that is why people call them **HOME** ..Try spending a few years in African third world countries to get my point.

SNB . British ex-pats adopt the attitudes of the place they move to, if they stay there long enough..

To Raptor Jesus -- By the way - American Football is the American equivilant of **RUGBY**.. Plus heavy padding and helmets, because they are wimps.

Jb

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.