Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Exmogal ( )
Date: July 01, 2012 11:49AM

Isn't it a bit funny how some Mormon girls compete in the Miss" Utah etc. pageants, wearing evil straplesss gowns and bikinis for the competitions.

Yet in every day life, if they are TBMs, they frown on and look down their noses at women who dress the same way!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: July 01, 2012 11:50AM

But it's a pageant, don't you see the distinction?!?

Posted by: Exmogal ( )
Date: July 01, 2012 12:00PM

I can imagine that some super serious Mormon TBM girls wear bikinis in private etc. but in front of the entire world, isn't that doing the opposite of "avoiding the appearance of evil?"

If it weren't for possible PR and publicity, you'd think the church of strict and uptight rules would issue a notice to young women and mothers that girls are not to enter such vile contests

(sarcasm off)

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: July 01, 2012 12:23PM

how about the prejean girl that was miss USA? then it comes out that there were pre existing photos of her in some sort of skimpy out fit ..... with her nips hanging out in the wind. her response? -oh gorsch! I did not realize those little thingees were actually showing, at that moment.

then it comes out that there is nude/ erotic video of her.... that she made... Sean Hannity was talking about and interviewed her on air, it was all OK because the video was only intended for her boy friend at the time, and who knew, who could have guess that it would get leaked for public exposure later on.

there is no end to the excuses/ exemptions that the self righteous can come up with for themselves !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7--9bwIUIhQ

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: July 01, 2012 12:14PM

Spencer Kimball explicitly condemned beauty pageants?

of course when LDS inc could garner positive publicity by jacking Sharlene Wells into the position of Miss America in the wake of the scandal with Vanessa Williams, THAT was OK, because there is always a Magic exemption for whatever MORmONS are doing at that exact moment!

at the time my high school sweetheart was in a local pageant.
she was so enthralled with herself and the experience that when she walked out on the stage for the talent competition she was concentrating on smiling so much that she walked right into the grand piano that was sitting on stage. had to laugh about that !

Posted by: rosemary ( )
Date: July 01, 2012 12:25PM

Great. That means he and I shared a position on something. Am I crazy and evil, too?

(Okay, I don't actually think beauty pageants are evil, but I do think they're very, very dumb.)

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 17, 2013 02:57PM

We just need to Create Education Better for TBM women so they can stop being so hypocritical.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/06/miss-utah-video-create-education-better-marissa-powell.html

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.