Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: LehiExMo ( )
Date: December 12, 2010 06:11PM

We recently purchased a new refrigerator. While moving the old one out we found the below laminated card entitled "How To Be Modest." We have no idea where it came from, but it likely belonged to the woman who previously owned our house who was apparently a "young women" leader. I can only imagine the discussion that accompanied these cards.

--------
HOW TO BE MODEST

* MAKE A PERSONAL COMMITMENT
- Know the standards in the For the Strength of Youth pamphlet & stick to them like glue! :)

* SEEK AFTER VIRTUOUS, LOVELY, & OF GOOD REPORT
- Remember the 13th Article of Faith. :)

* BE CREATIVE
- Be willing to alter your clothes & style. :)

* HAVE Q.M.T.! (QUALITY MIRROR TIME)
- Do "Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes": When I touch my HEAD does my belly show? Are my SHOULDERS covered and my bra straps not showing? Do my shorts/skirt cover my KNEES when I sit down? When I touch my TOES does anything show that shouldn't (belly, thighs, underwear, or worse?) Do I have appropriate shoes on? Is any of my clothing too tight? :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: December 12, 2010 06:33PM

There is one good point there - one really should make sure one's clothing looks the way one wants. I put on these pants - they felt like they fit, but I grabbed a mirror to check out the rear view and it was horrific. I had no idea that pants could cling like that. They were lined even, but there was every dimple on my upper back thigh in stark relief against the fabric. I tear up just thinking about the horror!

Of course I don't care what you show, but do make sure you are showing it the way you want to, that quality mirror time ain't such a bad idea!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.