Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: saviorjoe ( )
Date: December 12, 2010 04:20AM

I was just thinking today about how I used to feel when I was in the worthiness rat race, trying to maintain my temple recommend, but failing at it. All I remember was how awful I felt, and the worst part about it is that I felt at times like I couldn't do anything in the church without being worthy. This includes just doing regular service or anything practically. How awful is that to need to feel worthy in order to help someone move or to just serve in a regular position in the church, like being a ward clerk or on the activities committee? (Those don't exist anymore. The only worthy ones probably all got taken for the big positions anyway). The sad part is that it was highly destructive, leaving feeling like you couldn't participate in life just because you were for instance a masterbater, which would be the case nine times out of ten. It makes you end up feeling like a peodophile that the public needs to be protected from, akin to being put on the sex offender list. After I ditched the thinking of the church, I started to live more and do things without ever thinking that I'm not worthy. Life is a whole lot better and I'll never have to get a temple recommend again. Praise be Mormon Jesus' name, amen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 12, 2010 04:53AM

They need second class members to look down on so they can function as eletists. Neither group has a healthy reason for feeling good about themselves.

(Glad I'm not the only one who accidentally double posts occasionally.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.