Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dieter ( )
Date: December 12, 2010 01:21AM

So as I have said before my Mom is mormon, an we have some relatives living in Utah. My wife who is canadian also lived in Utah for awhile. So shortly after we met I started looking into mormonism. All the stuff I was learning my mother and my wife did not know. We are all Native Americans so the lamanite stuff was pretty damning in my own opinion, but they didnt believe that the cult believed that. So on to my reason in posting.

2nd or so verse into the book. Ol nephi is saying what language his book is wrtten in. How many other books announce that? Then hes all I know its true cause I say its true. Again what other book starts like that. Then he tosses in Zedikiah, look everyone this guy is real. A few more pages and he wants Labans plates. Written in the language of his father. Which is what hebrew or reformed egyptian. Assuming the former, there would be traces of hebrew in america. The latter many traces of reformed egyptian in isreal.
The the whole prophecy about the american revolution and all that drops another shovel full of crap onto the whole steaming mess.

Then the part where they start building their ship. I can just imagine Oliver or martin asking Joey, what kind of ship they used. Joey "A pirate ship!" Oliver "they didnt have that crap back then" Joey perusing his limited stack of reference material says oh crap when thereis nothing on Broze age shipping. Hmm a lightbulb goes off in his head. Its a ship after mormongods design! curious workmanship and all that. That little problem solved. Not really though, mormogod is an atrocious ship designer. I mean tight like unto a dish, with corks to hold the water out? Anyways after nephi is smitten with a rod a few times they reach america. And dedicate what? a single sentance to the sighting of land after however many months at sea? No hallelujah or anything like that?

The first chapter is so unbelievable before you even get to cureloms and cumons, and magic invisible plates.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mick ( )
Date: December 12, 2010 01:30AM

Ha ha.

But that's what make it a miracle. It's just so unbelievable that anyone would believe a word or it, but people do. Sad, really.

The list goes on and on with inaccurate historical claims.

Posted by: vivo ( )
Date: December 12, 2010 05:11AM

Posted by: archytas ( )
Date: December 12, 2010 01:18PM

...did pat myself on the back page after page.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.