Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: December 11, 2010 10:22AM

Sorry believers, but people would much rather come to me with their questions about Mormonism because I give honest answers and have researched the history of the topics, and I don't carry the baggage of preaching to people who are just curious about a "faith" but aren't interested in converting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: luminouswatcher ( )
Date: December 11, 2010 10:38AM

Hey me too. And they love my stories about the weirdness of growing up a mormon kid. Especially those dealing with my fundamentalist friends growing up. They are fascinated with two sisters being married to the same man at the same time. Especially when they are identical twins. I am so thankful for my fundie friends growing up. I also feel so bad for them, being damned in this life with respect to what they could have become and done. But alas, I digress. ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2010 10:38AM by luminouswatcher.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: December 11, 2010 10:50AM

There are times when I tell stories of my childhood religion, I realize how inane and crazy it all sounds. Some of it sounds so incredulous, but it's the truth when people ask questions.
There are moments I have a hard time believing it all really happened.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: December 11, 2010 01:27PM

Yes the personal stories are favorites for certain people. And it is weird how nutty it all sounds when you say them out loud.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: December 11, 2010 11:50AM

I am the same in my office right here in Salt Lake. Some of the gals started reading "The 19th Wife" and they just could not believe some of what they were reading. I'd fill them in on temple stuff and it was just amazing to them that several of the people they work with participate in and believe the stuff that goes on in the temple among other things. It is quite funny at times.

Posted by: Tiff ( )
Date: December 12, 2010 04:14AM

Then I too became a Mormon question bot. I spent a lot of lunches responding to questions about everything related to Mormonism ranging from holiday traditions to sex questions.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.