Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 04:44PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 04:52PM

Date: June 18, 2012 04:54PM

I was actually going to say how it's probably blasphemy or sacrilege to even suggest that Christ is staring in a major motion picture, and then I saw that this was shared on President Monson's facebook. Yeah, yuck.

Date: June 18, 2012 04:56PM

Though at least I'm noticing that a good number of the comments are talking about how they see it as disrespectful. Even tbms aren't all on board.

Date: June 18, 2012 04:56PM

Also notice how Christ is in the back...

Posted by: buckman korley ( )
Date: July 20, 2012 04:14PM

Posted by: charles, buddhist punk ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 05:11PM

I actually threw up a little in my mouth. Such classless, crass ideas.

Date: June 18, 2012 05:36PM

I was/am completely disgusted.

Posted by: The Motrix ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 05:40PM

Monson looks like he could smash beer cans with his gut--that's his special power.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: June 19, 2012 01:10PM

ROTFLMAO

Posted by: Ed (not logged in) ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 09:23PM

I normally just shrug off all the stupid Mormon kitch that I see on Facebook, but this one was so over the top in its silliness that I, too, almost threw up.

Seriously . . . what kind of super powers do the GAs have? Ability to cry on queue? Ability to talk about widows incessantly?

Blech . . .

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 10:33PM

Hey, a bunch of delusional old guys. Cool.

Posted by: druid ( )
Date: June 19, 2012 12:36PM

with the others the thinking has been done.

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: June 18, 2012 10:46PM

That's just nasty!

Susan

Posted by: bvd ( )
Date: June 19, 2012 12:28PM

Monson looks like Darth Vader when Luke takes off his mask in return of the jedi, but with hair...

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: June 19, 2012 12:31PM

Hulk...smash!

puny god.

Posted by: captain ( )
Date: June 19, 2012 01:04PM

Are they Avenging Alzheimers?

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: June 19, 2012 01:11PM

They couldn't even do that.

Posted by: peter ( )
Date: June 19, 2012 01:08PM

It shows Mormonism for what it truly is: a complete work of fiction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2012 01:09PM by peter.

Posted by: peter ( )
Date: June 19, 2012 01:13PM

Plus, three of them are already dead. Some team.

Posted by: unknown ( )
Date: June 20, 2012 04:33PM

So, you've all seen the Mormon stuff on the media and out in the world. But do you even know anything about the Mormons, that isn't otherwise a lie? What are you hating on the Mormons for, huh? We all might as well hate all religions that aren't our own. And mister 'peter' Mormonism is not a work of fiction, it is the solid truth, and if you don't believe that it is then fine, but don't go hate-ing on the Mormons. And peter, some may be dead, but they only left their mortal bodies behind and they are currently doing Great Works in Spirit Paradise. And it is some team, some AMAZING team because they have God and Jesus and The Holy Ghost on their side, and all together, they are unstopable.
So before anyone says something negative about the Mormons, their ads, or anything they happen to be in, put yourself and your religion in their place, you wouldn't be smiling.
and fidget, and everyone else, hold in that vomit and get to know the Mormons for who they really are, and I bet you that at lest one of your friends or one of your friends is related to or has another friend that is Mormon, and they aren't so bad.
So quite the judgment, the rude words, and the vomiting, and get to know them. You might like what you see.

P.S. this site's name is disgusting, whoever created it should be ashamed of themselves. You might as well make an ex-some-other-religion- websites. But no, everyone only seems to hate the Mormons.

Posted by: hellrazor ( )
Date: June 20, 2012 04:57PM

You are a sad, strange little troll. And you have my pity. Farewell.

Posted by: flo, the nevermo ( )
Date: June 20, 2012 05:14PM

I can't stop laughing now! I can't imagine how one should endure to the end if he has to do that! Nothing like stoking the fires of disrespect there.

Btw, similar to the way one comment (to the photo) so perfectly fans the flames of "We-are-not-a-cult-I-swear-no-I-mean-it-seriously" with:
"If you don't have the spirit of God, you will not recognize his servants . . ."

Oh, dear . . . Going around in circles like that just makes us nonmormons dizzy.

Date: June 20, 2012 06:12PM

I've lived with and grew up with Mormons. I was a Mormon. I know exactly what they are about. Thanks for the lecture though...

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: June 20, 2012 11:39PM

unknown,

Most of the people on this board were Mormons, and know more about the people and the church than Mormons themselves. So you are the one who needs to get to know ex-mormons. Find out the reasons why so many people have left the church and are opposed to Mormonism. Your posting indicates to me that you know very little about your own religion.

Posted by: rwg ( )
Date: June 21, 2012 12:01AM

Why give that person so much attention? I would ignore him and let him just recede into the background. Don't make him/her feel important.

Posted by: captain ( )
Date: June 20, 2012 04:39PM

Ha ha this should be good..There is a storm coming

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: June 20, 2012 04:40PM

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: June 20, 2012 04:59PM

It looks to me like Jeesus is coming to dispatch false prophets from the face of the earth. Out of the wounds on his hands comes super strength "stuff" to tie up these scam artists and silence them forever in outer darkness.

Yup, that's it.

Posted by: Hermes ( )
Date: June 20, 2012 05:41PM

The mormon church wishes they had the worldwide penetration and positive identfication that comic books do.

Show a picture of the Hulk anywhere in the world...instant recognition.

Show a picture of any mormon "prophet"...99.8% would give you a blank stare in return.

mormons are so desperate for heroes, but they need to flesh out the mythology a bit more:

Kimball as "The Whisper": able to make boys think masturbation will make them gay.
Monson as "Sugar Daddy": able to combat diabetes with Pepsi, will only rescue widows.
Dieter as "Herr Flyboy": the power to emit almost near-human charisma.
Eyring as "Professor Smiley": his only power is super-impotence
Hinkley as "Mister Standable": power to tapdance around the truth...

...special appearance by Jesus, who has power over bread and fishes...oh, and he can fly, too.

Posted by: mrwinternight ( )
Date: June 20, 2012 09:25PM

I'm sure glad this site has Veterans who know how to handle trolls. You folks are the REAL AVENGERS!!!

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: July 20, 2012 04:43PM

people say "The Avengers," there are only 2:

John Steed and Emma Peel (aka Patrick Macnee and Dame Diana Rigg)

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: July 20, 2012 04:44PM

Fidget: I know you wanted to say "I threw up a little in my mouth."

Date: July 20, 2012 04:47PM

Haha I probably did.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.