Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: December 10, 2010 03:34AM

No doubt mormons using it to bash sites they do not like.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 10, 2010 03:34AM

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: December 10, 2010 03:53AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MyWOT.com

>Web of Trust (WOT) is a community-based website reputation rating tool that uses a traffic-light style rating system to give Internet users additional information about a website before they visit it. WOT allows users to add their input on the categories of trustworthiness, vendor reliability, privacy and child safety of a website based on their experience with the site and/or services they offer. The rating scale ranges from poor to excellent and is algorithmic. It calculates the reputation of a website through a combination of user ratings and data from other sources.

They can kiss my exhaust pi--oh hell, what's the use...

As I see it, most of those criteria don't apply (no vendors here; children don't come here often--mine aren't interested, and I've been privy to ADMIN's replies that detail just how far they go to protect privacy, and it's considerable).

So I'd have to agree with you and blame it on the Mormons...

Hate to feed their persecution complexes like that, though...

I wonder, though, if there weren't many user ratings, how that would affect the evaluations... This is, afterall, a pretty specialized site...

Anyway, I'm also wondering how other sites, like MA&D and CARM, stack up...

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: December 10, 2010 04:18AM

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: December 10, 2010 05:52AM

I suspect there are features on this site that were used purposely that may have contributed to the low rating...

The spartan, utilitarian format that allows for ease-of-administration; features that were left out or turned off...

People have been grumbling about them for years, but here the strengths are the content and the dynamics...

To turn Marshall Mcluhan on his ear, it's the message, not the medium...

Date: December 10, 2010 11:40AM

Privacy and child safety are both green. So I don't think it is about the design of the site. I think it is Mormons and probably Christians giving the site a poor rating because there is so much religious bashing on the site.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.