Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 12:06PM

I am reminded of how important peace is in our lives, especially in this holiday season - hearing songs about peace on earth and good will toward men!

A few comments about what it means to me to Make Peace with my life.
This is a highly personal, individual process.
No two people do it the same way.

Learning to take my power back, making peace with it has resulted in a renewed understand of what happened and why, finding gratitude, appreciation, sprinkled with lots of humor and laughter, with no need for regrets, self sabotage, self incrimination.

The view on the outside is the reward - it is the authentic joy, peace, gratitude, freedom, liberation. I had no idea where it would take me or what awaited me! But I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Eventually, the "processing" part of my past (before, during and after Mormonism) has been resolved.
Any negative rethinking, rehashing, keeping it alive, is done. Oh so done! And so long ago. The regrets are gone. No self sabotage. The emotional attachment to the negativity is gone. Let go of that long ago.

The good, the bad, the ugly, all found it's way to making peace with it; letting go of the emotional attachment to the negativity. It's such a relief and sense of freedom to let it go. It has evolved into letting the bad, the ugly all go while keeping the good.

Forgiveness, compassion for those who had an impact on my life doing what we all do, (what they know at the time), has replaced the negative. Sometimes that is harder to get to than others. Taking my power back means I let go of giving it power to negatively impact my present.

The result is that the past is over and done with and I am determined not to give it permission to mess up my PRESENT!
Living in the NOW is the greatest freedom and peace of mind.

Reminders from the book: The Four Agreements.

Always Do Your Best: Surrender and let go of the past. Whatever live takes away from you, let it go. When you surrender and let go of the past, you allow yourself to be fully alive in the moment. Letting go of the past means that you can enjoy the dream that is happening right now.

Stay in the Present Moment. Keep your attention on today. and stay in the present moment. This is the beginning of a new understanding, a new dream.
The Four Agreements Don Miguel Ruiz

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.