Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: transplant in texas ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 01:36AM

Big Bang:

Sheldon: "My God, it took you FOUR YEARS to get thru high school?"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: hello ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 03:35AM

Treasure of the Sierra Madre:

"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 05:48AM

From British movie "Sir Henry At Rawlinson End" by the late but wonderful Vivian Stanshall, formerly of the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band:

"If I had all the money I'd spent on drink... I'd spend it on drink"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2010 05:49AM by Soft Machine.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 07:24AM

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 09:20AM

...Phil Connors (Bill Murray), "Groundhog Day."

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 09:28AM

from Cold Comfort Farm:

"Ye miserable, crawlin' worms. Are ye here again then? Have ye come like Nimshi, son of Rehoboam, secretly out of your doomed houses, to hear what's comin' to ye? Have ye come, old and young, sick and well, matrons and virgins, if there be any virgins amongst you, which is not likely, the world being in the wicked state that it is. Have ye come to hear me tell you of the great, crimson, licking flames of hell fire? Aye! You've come, dozens of ye. Like rats to the granary, like field mice when it's harvest home. And what good will it do ye? You're all damned! Damned! Do you ever stop to think what that word means? No, you don't. It means endless, horrifying torment! It means your poor, sinful bodies stretched out on red-hot gridirons, in the nethermost, fiery pit of hell and those demons mocking ye while they waves cooling jellies in front of ye. You know what it's like when you burn your hand, taking a cake out of the oven, or lighting one of them godless cigarettes? And it stings with a fearful pain, aye? And you run to clap a bit of butter on it to take the pain away, aye? Well, I'll tell ye, there'll be no butter in hell!"

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 09:33AM

Grandmother (reading a letter Navie sent his family): My dear family, guess what. Today I found out what my special purpose is for. Gosh what a great time I had. I wish my whole family could have been here with me. Maybe some other time as I intend to do this a lot. Every chance I get. I think next week I'll be able to send some more money as I may have extra work. My friend Patty promised me a blow job. Your loving son, Navin. (she stops reading) And he's got the kisses here.
Father: That Patty must be a sweet girl.
Mother: God bless her.

He hates these oil cans!

Too many good quotes from "The Jerk" to list!

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 09:45AM

"Things are going to start happening to me now!"

"Johnson, Navin R. Sounds like your typical random bastard!"

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 10:00AM

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame

"Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac...It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!" - Caddyshack

"You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow." To Have and Have Not

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man, Rooster!" "Fill your hands you son-of-a-bitch!" - Rooseter Cogburn

"That'll do, pig. That'll do." - Babe

Just a few.

Posted by: LCMc ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 10:08AM

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow. Tommy Lee Jones, Men In Black.

Posted by: OlMan ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 10:27AM

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 04:44PM

"As you wish!". LOL...

Posted by: downsouth ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 10:45AM

Blazing Saddles

"We thought you was hung!"

Black sheriff : " I am!"

Posted by: Nebularry ( )
Date: December 10, 2010 01:25PM

Pointing a gun to his own head: "Nobody move or the black guy gets it!"

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 03:13PM

It seems I've lost more than my fair share of friends at a young age to the horrid disease of cancer. Also have lost a few family members who I thought so much of. One of the things that gets me through is a line from an old 70s movie called "The Other Side of the Mountain," a cheesy "based on a true story" that was one of Beau Bridges early movies.

In the end, after the Bridges charater dies, the protaganist of the story, who happens to be a parapalegic says:

"How lucky I am to have known someone or some thing that saying Good Bye to was so damned awful."

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 03:18PM

"Your so thin and white.... If you layed across this table here, I could snort you!"

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 03:23PM

Last Supper:

Luke, "People disappear all of the time"

Jude, "Especially in Iowa. We probably saved him from an alien abduction."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2010 03:24PM by itzpapalotl.

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 03:28PM

I was born a poor black child. The Jerk

Hold still! Reservoir Dogs

I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further. Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back

Anything from Fight Club.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 04:25PM

Boys have penises...girls have vaginas. - Kindergarten Cop

That's pretty much everything you need to know about relationships.

Posted by: LCMc ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 04:50PM

Lonesome Dove

Woodrow F. Call...

"I can’t stand rude behavior in a man...I won’t tolerate it."
----------
Woodrow Call:

What do you want legs for anyway? You don't like to do nothing but sit on the porch and drink whiskey!

Gus McCrae:

I like to kick a pig every once in a while. How would I do that?

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 05:09PM

Steve Martin in L.A. Story
"I could never be a woman because if I were I'd lay around and play with my breasts all day."

Posted by: James ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 05:18PM

"Life is a wonderful experience for those people not burdened with self-awareness."

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 06:49PM

"Do you expect me to talk Goldfinger?"...."No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"

"What a world, what a world!" (melting witch in Wizard of Oz)

"Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy" (Outlaw Josey Wales?)

"We will go down" (Jesus and Michael to Elohim)

Posted by: SD ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 07:01PM

has no dick." Ghostbusters 2. I think he was referring to Boyd K. Packer

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 07:18PM

"By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Warvan, you shall be avenged!"

"Charge the Lightning Field! I take personal responsibility in the Emperor's name!"

"Cyclops! When your father asks who took your eye, tell him that it was Ulysses, Sacker of Cities, Destroyer of Troy, son of Laertes, and King of Ithaca!"

"And the LORD spoke, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.' Amen."

"Now you will feel no rain,
For each of you will be shelter to the other.

Now you will feel no cold,
For each of you will be warmth to the other.

Now there is no more loneliness,
For each of you will be companion to the other.

Now you are two bodies,
But there is one life before you.

Go now to your dwelling place,
To enter into the days of your togetherness.
And may your days be good and long upon the earth."

Posted by: transplant in texas ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 07:41PM

"Oh Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it we mayest blowest thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy."

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: December 10, 2010 10:33AM

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 07:47PM

"Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!"

Posted by: Unindoctrinated ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 07:49PM

When a wolf which embodied evil was asked why he was destroying people's hope, he replied, "...because people without hope are easy to control."

Posted by: chadcottle ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 08:30PM

"I think of it as a bucket of piss to drown rats in, that's all. If any of you don't like it, you can kiss my ass." -- Percy Wetmore from The Green Mile

Posted by: Crathes ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 08:34PM

"That was interesting" Stripes.

My wife, even after 27+ years of marriage will typically quote that line after we....

Posted by: EquineFedora ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 11:29PM

"But I saw an old couple being visited by their children, and all their grandchildren too. The old couple weren't screwed up. And neither were their kids or their grandkids. And I don't know. You tell me. This whole dream, was it wishful thinking? Was I just fleeing reality like I know I'm liable to do? But me and Ed, we can be good too. And it seemed real. It seemed like us and it seemed like, well, our home. If not Arizona, then a land not too far away. Where all parents are strong and wise and capable and all children are happy and beloved. I don't know. Maybe it was Utah."

Posted by: voweaver ( )
Date: December 10, 2010 02:28AM

Doolittle Lynn (Tommy Lee Jones) answering the telephone: "It's three o'clock in the morning. What the Hell do you want?"

Coal Miner's Daughter

~VOW

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: December 10, 2010 02:34AM

The Big Lebowski: "Like, new shit has come to light, man."

Posted by: nalicea ( )
Date: December 10, 2010 02:40AM

"I ain't got time to bleed!" Predator

"I can't listen to politicians no more. I get a seizure." Terry on True Blood

“Who's to say what's proper? What if it were agreed that 'proper' meant wearing a codfish on your head? Would you wear it? To me a corset is like a codfish.” - Alice in Wonderland

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: December 10, 2010 11:12AM

Here's another funny one

"We're living in a material world and I am a material girl... or boy."

The Wedding Singer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2010 11:14AM by itzpapalotl.

Posted by: coryantumor ( )
Date: December 10, 2010 01:12PM

" all the animals come out at night, whores, skunk pussies, buggers,queens,faries,dopers junkies, someday a real rain will come and wash this scum off the streets"
travis bickle in taxi driver

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: December 10, 2010 01:17PM

Richard Pryor, See no Evil, hear no evil,,"I suppose a fuck is out of the question?"

Paul Newman, Buch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid,,"OK lets get the rules straight for this knife fight."

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: December 10, 2010 01:17PM

My all time favorite because it is the one of the stupidest lines ever to be spoken in any movie!!! And it was said as a very serious line!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.