Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 10:25PM

Sorry, the thread "Milk before meat is right! What a load of BS!" closed just as I was going to post this and don't want all that typing to go to waste :)

Anyway, here's my reply to "Pissed!":

I was a Mormon missionary at one time and am fairly certain how they are going to react. Chances are they are going to dismiss everything you have researched as "anti-Mormon" lies. And chances are the missionaries themselves probably don't know themselves the dirty past of Mormonism let alone how to answer your questions. They only read censored, faith promoting literature, spoon fed to them from the church.

They probably will NOT try to answer any questions you have saying they don't matter but will revert back to "testimonies" and how they KNOW the Mormon church is true. They will tell you you can know Mormonism is true by praying and "feeling the spirit." They will try to make you admit you previously had "good feelings" about the church, Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith and that these "good feelings" was the spirit of God telling you these things were "true."

I would tell them feelings are not a reliable indicator of truth. For example, if a TV crew came to your door and told you you won a million dollars, would you have good feelings? Of course you would. Your heart would thump. You'd feel a high. You'd probably be screaming in joy. Does that mean you really won a million dollars? Not necessarily, because a few seconds later your friends come around the corner and yell April Fools! If someone told you a house was haunted. Would you FEEL scared if you in the house alone? Probably. Do those feelings indicate that the house really is haunted? Probably not. You are simply psyching yourself out. The person may have been lying to just to scare you for fun.

You get feelings based on what you think is true or may be true. Doesn't mean it is. When new information is presented to you, your feelings and beliefs change.

If I were you I would print off stuff from MormonThink.com or UTLM.org and make a deal with them. Tell them you will let them teach you if you can have EQUAL time to read to them what YOU have learned about Mormonism.

I guarantee they won't be able to handle this arrangement for long, if at all.

Good luck!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 10:31PM

Dear "Pissed" Check out the following books...'Church of Lies' by Flora Jessop. 'Lost Boys' by Brent Jeffs. I found alot of info about how they really operate under disguise.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.