Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Yewt102 ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 12:11PM

Reading another post on here reminded me of a funny experience i had in seminary. I'm a college student so this happened just a few years ago.

I was a good student in high school who wasn't really forced to go to seminary, but I enjoyed the time off. I enjoyed immersing myself and "observing" the culture which I saw through.

I pretty much had the system down to where I didn't have to do anything I didn't want to do. Whenever the teacher would assign me to do something I would decline, and when they insisted I would do it (such as pick a scripture or teach a lesson) I would do something like pick a scripture in the old testament about solomon's sisters breasts and how they were "like towers" or whatnot. Needless to say, they were usually pretty quick about learning to not ask me to do anything anymore. I was always respectful but I was definately against the grain.

I had one seminary teacher who was more "bubbly" than others. His personality clashed with mine quite a bit and I got in a period where I would end up just falling asleep in his class. To counter this he put me in the front of the class... I fell asleep anyways. It wasn't out of disrespect or anything (I would just get really bored! and tired!).

So one day i doze off... and then next thing I know I'm getting whacked with a moderate amount of force several times with a meter stick by this annoying man yelling "WAKE UP YEWT102 WAKE UP!" And without thinking my natural reaction was yelling "give me that f***** stick!"

I jumped out of my desk, knocking it over, and wrestled the stick out of his hands and started hitting him back.

Well I had to talk to the seminary president...I'm not sure if they were hesitant or scared that any lines were crossed by the teacher, but they were pretty accommodating about letting me transfer to a different class. I was suprised they didn't call my parents.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 12:36PM

It is the solemn duty of all human beings to confront spurious authority. Whacking mormon "priesthood holders" with a meter stick certainly qualifies.

Yard sticks would work equally well ...

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 12:46PM

Hey man -- Joe Smith kicked ass on a regular basis (e.g., throwing bugles at guys, running guys out of his house who were asking for their money, letting Rigdon give the Salt of Earth sermon). Next time you kick a TBMs ass, tell 'em you're just "following the profit"

Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 12:56PM

LOL!!!! Good for you hiting back. I too always went against the grain, and always questioned the leader, VTs, HTs WHY?? Why do I HAVE to do this or that etc., You should have seen their faces when I wore dirty gym clothes plus pants and dirty jeans to so called "sacrament!! It was priceless!!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 01:00PM

since they haven't a clue about the metric system ?

I thought they were issued cubit sticks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2010 01:05PM by Dave the Atheist.

Posted by: happycat ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 08:42AM

meeeeeeowwwwwwwwwwww! *happy jumping up and down spaz cat kind of meow with curvy paws)

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 09:01AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.