Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 06:48AM

And no, it's not Baby Center, either...

I'm sending the bill for the you-know-whats on this one to Benson. He e-mailed me for a possible source reference on something involving Cleon Skousen, and danged if I didn't wind up with the ol' police interceptor up to its axles in Mormon swamp muck... Smelly psycho Mormon swamp muck! Possibly even genuine Nauvoo smelly Mormon swamp muck...

http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/

A sample...

>Last Days Preparation / Information / Sign of the Times

>The Separation and the Gathering to Take Place??????

Don't believe me? Here's the link (first time in a long time I've been glad I gave that bottle of Scotch away. For non-alcoholics, I'd recommend three fingers of a good single malt before proceeding):

http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15014

>I have been given some privelage [sic] info or counsel on the subject of the "seperation and the gathering" of the Saints. I am looking for your thoughts and info to compare with what I have been told is to come, and how soon? Thank you.

Okay, one more and then I'm outta here... Here's another sub heading...

>Good advice from J. Reuben Clark

I didn't click on that one. I'll be having nightmares that it was something like "A lawyer looks at history's likely unfair treatment of Adolf Hitler."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 07:56AM

I'm surprised there's not a forum on their list called "kabbalah for Mos".

My TBM sister would love this site. The reading of entrails never looked so tasty.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 07:57AM

"The rich can only get them (keys, signs, words, etc...) in the temple, the poor may get them on the mountaintop as did Moses." Joseph Smith HC 4:608

signature quote from user swissmrs&pitchfire

Not to hijack the thread of course...

I can't get into reading this stuff though, it reminds me a little too much of conversations around the dinner table when I was a kid.

Seriously- my two brothers are totally into it (mom is so proud) one thinks he's writing a book, and another who is hoarding who-knows-what, and a sister who thinks that despite everyone having revelations that are full of baloney, they are going to save us all. My dad just goes out to the shop to hide from his weirdo wife and kids.

And that is the fruit of personal revelation in the morridor - paranoia a'la mode.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 09:17AM

Oooh, lookee here....

"Zion and God's Law

W. Cleon Skousen said the Majesty of God's Laws is coming to America - Let's discuss preparing for Zion and God's Law."

Now THAT's scary!

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 09:31AM

Speaking of Blood Atonement, McConkie stated:

This doctrine can only be practiced in its fulness in a day when the civil and ecclesiastical laws are administered in the same hands. It was, for instance, practiced in the days of Moses, but it was not and could not be practiced in this dispensation, except that persons who understood its provisions could and did use their influence to get a form of capital punishment written into the laws of the various states of the union so that the blood of murderers could be shed.

Mormon Doctrine, p. 92

Copyright by Bookcraft

-------------

“The people of Utah are the only ones in this nation who have taken effectual measures... to prevent adulteries and criminal connections between the sexes. The punishment, for these crimes is death to both male and female. And this law is written on the hearths and printed in the thoughts of the whole people.”

- Apostle Orson Pratt, The Seer, p. 223
----------------

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 09:25AM

Let's see. We have US constitution and the "proper" role of government, Zion and God's law according to Cleon Skousen, alternative medicine, last days preparation...

It's a veritable whackocopia!

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 09:42AM

Well at least I didn't see Janis(?) anywhere. Should make for some hilarious threads!

Seriously, I some of the threads and can honestly say that I do not know if I should be laughing my ass off or running in panicked fear. I think I will place an add on that sight selling tinfoil hats, I'd make millions!

And remember the sage wisdom from pritchet1 "If there are enough Saints in the DC area that are doing temple work and keeping that temple busy, then DC may not be 'Beyond Redemption', just those folks who aren't keeping the commandments." So, it is not "Jesus Saves", its keeping the temple busy that saves!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2010 09:43AM by MJ.

Posted by: The Motrix ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 10:06AM

This is precious. I'm going to bookmark their site. It's a lot like listening to a bunch of fantasy nerds talking about Gandalf or something.
Religion, particularly LDS and the other crazy ones are so much fun. I dig how the guys says he has privileged information about the last days. Is that how they all think?

Posted by: wings ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 10:06AM

Mormonism has opened doors for some mentally ill to dive into a pool of total insanity. All I needed to do was look at my 1st generation Mormon ancestor, step back...way back...and see her behavior for what it was.

The family story saw her as heroic. Here is what I, the exmo saw. She was a teen-age runaway. Parley P. Pratt did his missionary juju on the family, and all rejected Mormonism, except this teen girl.

She, being the brilliant teen-ager she was, ran away to join "a cult", living with Joe and Emma until Joe Smith married her off to an old fart. She never saw her parents or family members again in her lifetime.

Anyway, the brilliant one wound up a plyg wife in Utah and hated it. She never planned on the plyg part. The family thinks she was really brave, followed the twooo church leaders.... and I think she was koo koo for Coco Puffs. Think about a teen girl doing that today. Would she be held as heroic and brave? NOT! A runaway who joined a cult and devasted her family. Her life was tragic--starving, freezing, and enduring polygamy.

I had another ancestor that was a Koyle...yep, the Koyle Dream Mine Koyle. Family had some stupid shares in that goof ball idea. He was a DREAMER, supposedly. Sound familiar to the tread SL Cabbie led us to?

Then we had a family of 5 in the Willie-Martin ancestors. Mine were on the Willie side of the trek. What rational adult parent sticks little children in some handcart and drags them over the mountains? Cummon, man!! How stupid are some people. All for a cult and con man's story.

If anyone gets too deep into Mormonism and is a tad titched, they wind up in insane thinking. On some level, that forum makes me very sad. They need mental health care and deprogramming. Imagine their families. Their poor kids do not stand much of a chance, do they?

Dreamers and delusioned ones from day one. Mormonism is a dangerous cult.

Posted by: top cat ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 06:47PM

Posted by: archytas ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 08:25PM

Posted by: elee ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 08:26PM

Damn you Cabbie!

I think that site broke my brain. >:\

Posted by: Moira(notloggedin) ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 09:22PM

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 08:47PM

I was unaware that we were a "judo-christian" country until this board enlightened me. I thought, "maybe a karate-Christian at most, but no way a judo-christian."

Posted by: Observer ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 09:05PM

SL Cabbie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t
> =15014

The part of this thread that really jumped out at me was the OP's follow-up. Here's the essential part:

----------------------------------------------------------------
This person had relayed to me some counsel that was given to him by one of the counselors in the Temple Presidency. And that counsel was and is that that Church has begun "testing" a notification program that would be used when the time needs be that would notify members in North America about a gathering out that will take place. He referred to them as "Stakes of Zion" or in other words places of refuge or sancuaries. He said this is to be done shortly after the "daily sacrifice" is to be taken away from us. He also made mention that there would be some requirements for those that would get the invite to go and be "assigned" to one of these places. This is to be strickly all volunteerly done, for those that would go. From that time forth I know and have seen many upgrades taking place to the infrastructure at many of the Church owned camps throughout the Rocky Mountain area. I know the person in charge who is directing these upgrades, and I have several family members that hold positions as Bishops or Stake Presidents that have these happenings taking place in their own "Temple Districts" as well. My own Stake President for over the last year in our own Ward Conference, Stake Conferences, Stake General Priesthood Meetings and other leadership meetings has counseled us that "in a short time we are going to be asked by the Prophet to do something very hard, and many of you will choose not to follow him. Those that choose to follow him will be protected, and those that do not will suffer." He has made this statement more than 5 times at these conferences, and he has counseled us to prepare for the sifting of the "Wheat and the Tares." that will be taking place, as well as much more to come. Also, our Area Authority has made mention of these "Stakes of Zion" that the Church is spending a great deal of resources to upgrade and prepare them for a broader usage to come.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Now, who knows if the OP is making stuff up, or if the person who supposedly told him this was making stuff up, or what. But this sounds an awful lot like a People's Temple/Jonestown-type scenario to me. I don't believe the LDS church would actually do this, of course (wouldn't be profitable), but it's still exceedingly creepy.

And I think it's revealing & disturbing that there are at least some Mormons who are excited about such a prospect. Could there be a sizable number of such folks in the church? Could a truly crazy, psychopathic Jim Jones-like figure end up as Prophet and actually call for a mass move into church-owned camps?

Could they be even crazier and more dangerous than we thought?

Posted by: emma ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 09:50AM

Observer, yes there are mormon people that crazy. They are in my family. My brother talks about how during the second coming they will have to kill nonbelievers. He gets excited about it. Sometimes I wonder if I should be watching my back.

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 09:21PM

because you know how I enjoy going over to MA&D (with my shit-kickers on, poop-scooper in hand). Being so well acquainted with that treasure trove of nonsense, I thought surely there couldn't be a more active den of Mormon-themed moronism.

I was wrong. Oh my lordy lord. What have we here?

My favorite section: "Sisters in Zion: A place for conservative women to discuss true women's liberation, the role of women in healing America, the truth about feminism and more..."

And what's on the menu? Nothing really particularly about those things, unless "true women's liberation" is code for paranoid SAHM. Discussions include:

-Lots of Homeschooling
-Two threads on boob jobs
-Nutrition
-Various physical ailments
-Dishes
-Diapers
-Blogging
-Prolifery
-TV watching

It's like being in Relief Society. I don't know how these women can stand themselves. Gawd ladies, read a book that's not written by a conservative pundit, a general authority, or a known quack.

I know I'm hard on Mormon women, but they are just a foreign thing to me and I felt that way even when I was one. I just don't get it, never have.

Posted by: Serena ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 10:03PM

Way more than I ever wanted to know. Holy dog. Those women, those nice conservative, home-schooling, clueless, cliche-spewing twits.. I'm appalled. It's junk like this that makes me wish we could bring back competency tests before people are allowed to vote. Appalling. Just staggering.

Posted by: Moira(NotLoggedIn) ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 10:39PM

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 12:57AM

Posted by: corrodedinnervessel ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 11:01PM

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 04:06AM

Two a.m. and I finally got that one...

Excellent, BTW... Chalk my lack of speed up to being a convert to the teetotaling ranks, albeit a reluctanct one... 'Twas a spiritual experience caused by drinking too many spirits...

Posted by: nalicea ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 11:13PM

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 11:36PM

"A secret combination that seeks to overthrow the freedom of all lands...is increasing its evil influence and control over America and the entire world." (ETB / Ether 8:18-25.)

Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: December 08, 2010 11:53PM

Oh goody....here is a lament because children are going inactive when they leave the nest...even in the very best of mo families. Shocking!

---------------

I live in a great ward and stake..I think our ward is the best of the bunch though. We are seeing Satan really fighting us hard especially in last few months. I'm in the Relief Society presidency and we are feeling it. We have been working so hard on the youth programs to try to keep the kids in a good place. It doesnt seem to be working. Good families who are doing all the things they should..I'm talking exceptional families are seeing their children choosing the wrong path as they reach adulthood. We are seeing it more and more. By the time these kids hit adulthood VERY FEW of them are active. I now know what the prayers of the saints are for, when they pray for the Lord to return...it's to save their children and not themselves. I believe that when God's destroys it's not out of hate or vengence, it's out of love..stopping the evil

------------

When she talks about god destroying....does that mean when gays committ suicide that god is stopping the evil? What a crack pot.

Posted by: Paul Davidson ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 01:54AM

""There has been a lot of UFO/ET talk on the Internet/Larry King Live/CoasttoCoastAM. I used to think that this was just fun and games until Larry King started getting into the act.

Just last month, Denver Colorado had a ballot initiative 300 where they voted to "establish an Extraterrestrial Affairs Commission responsible for collecting and sharing evidence that extraterrestrials are visiting Earth, and for assessing the risks and benefits of making contact with those aliens." (Jeff Peckman). This ballot initiative did not pass.

The UN has also been in the act. THE United Nations appoint Malaysian astrophysicist Mazlan Othman, the head of the UN's little-known Office for Outer Space Affairs (Unoosa). Dr. Othman has stated, "The continued search for extraterrestrial communication, by several entities, sustains the hope that some day humankind will receive signals from extraterrestrials. . . When we do, we should have in place a coordinated response that takes into account all the sensitivities related to the subject. The UN is a ready-made mechanism for such coordination." (M.OTHMAN) Anyone else think her name is just a coincidence???!

Well, does scripture have anything to say on the subject of ET's visiting the Earth? We know God has made innumerable planets who are populated by humans like us. But the question remains, does God allow contact between those other worlds and our Earth?

D&C 130: 5 I answer, Yes. But there are no angels who minister to this earth but those who do belong or have belonged to it.

So, do we interpret this to mean, save the city of Enoch returning, that these UFO sightings are human caused?

It seems TPTB may be interested in using the ET threat to unify the people of the Earth under their New World Order, to nuclear disarm the nations, and to spread a false New Age anti-Christ religion of reincarnation, ascension, mind over matter, etc. Some believe the Scientific/Banking conspiracy has been suppressing technology having to do with Magnetoplasmadynamic propulsion (hi frequency EM, Mach's inertia principle, asymmetric capacitors, etc).""

http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14971

Posted by: temple name Julia ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 05:16AM

ROTFLMAO!!! Oh, dear! I thought for sure Paul Davidson's list was gonna include the flux capacitor!!!
Now I know where my Uncle Roy gets some of his stuff....sheesh

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 09:58AM

Wish it wasn't. I don't even like watching average, INcompletely demented Mormons converse.

Posted by: Truthseeker ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 10:05AM

Wackadoo! I felt better about my belief that the moon landing was staged when I read crazy stuff on the link.

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: December 09, 2010 10:25AM

I noticed this, at the bottom of the main page:
"Who is online