Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: marinag ( )
Date: April 10, 2012 06:00PM

After a life believing on every single word of church was teaching me, I finally have decided to let it all go.
A empty life, a empty marriage and a empty soul was all a had left.And, the big question was always on my mind: How do you awake up in a Sunday morning, turn to your family and say: " Hey! I was wrong, we are not eternal, church is not true, and by the way I want the divorce"...
Well, didn't happened exactly like that but I DID IT!It was more than three years ago. Meanwhile I've put my life on track again,and I can say we are a healthy and happy family now. There is things still missing, since all my friends are LDS, we don't have much in common anymore also I've tried go to other churches to find something that makes sense and all I found was a very hard time to trust gain...
Anyways, don't take me wrong I do not hate LDS church or any other church. I just want live my life being honest with myself and my family. We are now looking for new friends who had the same experiences and are rebuilding their lives, is that you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: marinag ( )
Date: April 10, 2012 06:01PM

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: April 10, 2012 06:52PM

I think that takes incredible courage to do what you did. I haven't know many who have been able to do what you did.

My husband and I came to this conclusion last year. We told our adult children what our thoughts and discoveries were. Two of the three left with us. It was a good thing for us.

Posted by: mcarp ( )
Date: April 10, 2012 07:02PM

Kind of like you. I just couldn't go on faking it and quit attending church cold-turkey. Still married, but that's on shaky ground.

I've found that a meet up internet site has (at least in my area, YMMV) a bunch of fun groups and I've made it a point to make some friend who have nothing to do with the LDS church. It is a breath of fresh air to spend 4-5 hours with someone and never once have the church come up. (Can't even do that at home because wife and adult kids are all still active.)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.