Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 10:40AM

Patriarchal Blessing pronounced 1965 in Detroit, Michigan.

Brother Willard Mitt Romney, by the authority of the Holy Melchizedek Priesthood, I lay my hands upon thy head and bestow a Patriarchal Blessing which shall be as the winds of the Spirit directs much as a weather vain points in the prevailing direction. Thou shalt always go with the flow, my son.

Mitt, thou art of a choice lineage, even of the Tribes of Israel. Thus when thou are among the wealthy thou are of the Tribe of Judah, when among American Indians, the Tribe of Manasseh, when among blue collars and evangelicals, the Tribe of Ephriam, and when exploring the hole in the polar ice cap, the Lost Tribes of Israel. Thy choice lineage entitles thee to all blessings of the new and everlasting covenant if thou art true and faithful in keeping the laws and ordinances of the gospel. Remain circumcised, circumspect and circular in all thy reasoning.

Thou art privileged to have been born into a family who has practiced polygamy teaching thee
that the gospel trumps the law of the land. Continue to follow modern prophetic counsel and admonitions and they will bless thee as thou places these political principles into practice. Like all modern Mormon prophets, thou will be able to deny these things whenever expedient.

Thou hast been born through a long line of Grand Old Party nobility. Always honor thy party line and do that which is expected of thee. Always let peer pressure lead thee into paths which would be most popular in the sight of the Lord of Polls, even that of Gallup.

Mitt, thou was one of the choice, faithful, loyal sons of your Heavenly Father in your pre-earth primary. So thy spirit was reserved to come to earth at this time when the fullness of the GOP was upon the earth and in the dispensation of the fullness of time to perform a special mission which thou was foreordained to do. Thou has been given gifts and talents in order for thee to accomplish this mission. Should thou refuse it, thou will be cut off and destroyed.

Thou has been blessed to be a member of the only true and living church upon the earth and to have received the priesthood. Thou has been faithful in this calling. As thou magnifies thine calling in this priesthood thou will eventually become a president of one organization or another and heir apparent of Jesus Christ thus replacing Him in the Godhead and receiving all that the Father hath.

Thou has prepared and are preparing to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Thou will be blessed, as thou goes into the mission field and will survive all manner of motor vehicle accidents. Thou will remain humble even though thy leadership would actually be more effective than that of thine own mission president.

In due time of the Lord thou will have a desire to seek for a choice companion to serve as a trophy wife. Such a one will be raised up for thee but only one at this time. In the hereafter thou shalt have trophy wives as numerous as the sands of the sea. Thee and thine chosen companion will enter the House of the Lord and there be sealed for time and all eternity but those not deemed worthy LDS members will not be allowed inside to witness the secret ceremony. Thou will become a father in Israel and your posterity will completely fill the BYU football stadium within three generations of time.

Thou will have a desire to continue thine education after thy mission thus avoiding the draft. This knowledge will give thee a vocation so that thy wife may drive two Cadillacs and will never lack for the necessities of life.

Continue to go to the Lord daily in prayer and to read the Wall Street Journal on a regular basis but avoid Brigham Young's Journal of Discourses like the plague.

Thou will see many of the prophecies fulfilled pertaining to the second coming of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. As thou follows the guidance of the living prophets thou will be protected from the trials and tribulations which are going to occur prior to this great event. Yeah verily, Brother Mitt, thine run for the highest office in the land shall become the primary sign of the End Times and return of the Savior to our Independence, Missouri Holy Temple.

Mitt, thy name shall be influence for good and bad, for Pro-Life and Pro-Choice, for gay and for straight, for tit and for tat, for this and for that, for oh flip and oh flop.

Strive to establish a home where politically financially self-serving whether it be in Detroit, Boston, Park City, La Jolla or New Hampshire.

As you keep the commandments and follow the promptings of the pollsters thou will be blessed to receive some of the gifts of the Super Packs. Among these gifts will be faith, understanding, wisdom, and cunning as the the man of the moment to please whomever thou does stand before.

Mitt, thy Heavenly Father loves thee very much and is counting on thee to rise and shout because His BYU Cougars are out!

I seal these blessings upon thee, Mitt, together with all former blessings which have been pronounced upon thine holy head. I seal thee up against the power of the Democratic Destroyer that thou might come forth on the morning of the first presidential election clothed with sash, apron, temple cap and glory, immortality, and eternal life, in the name of Jesus H. Christ, Amen.

Edsel Rambler Pontiac, Patriarch of the Detroit Michigan Stake of Zion

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2012 10:45AM by cricket.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 11:04AM

Perfect!

Posted by: Exmosis ( )
Date: May 14, 2012 09:55AM

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 03:23PM

To the top

Posted by: ronas ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 03:28PM

Has anyone else noticed that whenever there is a Mitt Romney post in the title if it includes (not political) it is in fact political and if it doesn't - like this one, it's not political.

Posted by: Chicken'N'Backpacks ( )
Date: March 29, 2012 03:48PM

I shall ponder this, even so, yea verily....

Posted by: Uncle Dale ( )
Date: May 13, 2012 10:49PM

cricket Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thou hast been born through a long line of Grand
> Old Party nobility. Always honor thy party line
> and do that which is expected of thee....

ps

As thou takest control of this gentile party, knowest that
it hangs by a thread and that if thou art faithful and
hold fast to the rod of plutonium, thou and thy priesthood
shall prevail.

Unto you hath been given the secret, that the revelations
to One Mighty and Strong are concealed within the nuclear
launch codes of the Land of Promise's Presidency. Deliver
up these sacred oracles unto the Living Prophet and thou
shalt have lint in the navel and vinegar in the loins.

Thy third anointings awaiteth thee in the Area 51 Temple;
flee the wrath that is to come and gather unto Zion, oh
my Son -- taking Nevada State Highway 375 out of Tonopah.

UD

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: May 13, 2012 10:52PM

Priceless

Posted by: Odell Campbell ( )
Date: May 13, 2012 11:04PM

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 13, 2012 11:09PM

good stuff but please change wheather vain to weather vane.

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 10:07PM

Aww, leave it as it is. It's a nice play on words.

Posted by: MexMom ( )
Date: May 14, 2012 02:35AM

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: May 14, 2012 09:43AM

I think that it should be leaked to the press. Maybe then he'd have to release the real one to the press, which would be just as bad. Do it!

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: May 14, 2012 09:55AM

Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: May 14, 2012 10:03AM

Some of best bits:

"when exploring the hole in the polar ice cap, the Lost Tribes of Israel."

"pre-earth primary"

"seek for a choice companion to serve as a trophy wife."

" In the hereafter thou shalt have trophy wives as numerous as the sands of the sea."

"Mitt, thy name shall be influence for good and bad, for Pro-Life and Pro-Choice, for gay and for straight, for tit and for tat, for this and for that, for oh flip and oh flop."

"Edsel Rambler Pontiac, Patriarc"

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: May 14, 2012 10:25AM

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: May 14, 2012 01:07PM

Brilliant!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 09:45PM

Perfect, cricket. The speech patterns matched my own PB so closely that I though it was for real at first. I love the patriarch's name.

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 09:45PM

That was GREAT! I love the "choice lineage" section!

It's funny also, that I just happened across my old BYU Scrapbook from 1975-1980 and was reading things out loud a few minutes ago to my husband.

And on the first page I had pasted a copy of the Cougar Fight Song. Next to it, in my BYU Freshman handwriting, is a note that says, "I don't mean to sound disloyal, but I think the Cougar Fight Song is dumb."

So Rise and Shout - or don't shout, but maybe just kinda move your lips.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 25, 2015 10:00PM

that's the truest patriarticle blessing I have ever seen.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.