Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 06:25PM

Kristine Haglund is some kind of feminist Mormon blogger, I guess. And Reid Baer is a Mormon guy on YouTube who posts rants! This gave me a good laugh tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGr52BRvX4s&list=UU2jIE4vhCo6HaQNqgFhqzMw&index=10&feature=plcp

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: grubbygert ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 06:33PM

he could have just said, "woman, get off the tv and get in the kitchen and make me a sammich"

Date: March 27, 2012 06:53PM

Interesting that you should say that...

Reid Baer actually wrote a song expressing just that thought about women...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bzY7B4YEzc&feature=player_embedded

He's nuts!

Posted by: elee ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 06:35PM

You know, it's stuff like this that makes me think Mormonism is heading toward a schism. And if that happens, then I wonder how it would shake out? I don't see a new church being formed or anything like that. But perhaps the church could liberalize just a little bit. Or. It could lead to reformation and purging of the liberals and new order mormons.

We live in interesting times indeed!

The cynic in me wishes there were a whole lot more Reid Baer's out there making their presence known on the web. Mormons are, at the end of the day, always their own worst enemy.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 11:45PM

A schism is certainly possible, but there's so many contentious issues right now that several splinter groups might rise up.

gay marriage
not becoming gods
women's equality
racist doctrine
Book of Mormon problems
Book of Abraham problems
distorted Christianity

The list goes on....

Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 07:43PM

I think Kristine Haglund is the editor of Dialogue. You know, that serious Mormon scholaristic journal that kept so many of us in the church for so long.

Wow, back in the day of ERA and Sonia Johnson I thought the church might be heading towards some kind of realization that women were people too and not roles. Robots. Moms. Doormats.

I see nothing has changed.

Now I will go back and read what the piece of shit has posted.

Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 07:51PM

This guy is a piece of shit. Who is he? He has a beard so he is clearly not a good Mormo. He has no clue. And that mole on his right cheek. I think he has melanoma. I hope he gets his act together. Or maybe he need to apply for a brain transplant.

So I watch the next video. He his a hermit and has a manic depressive disorder. So why am I wasting time and electricity on him?

Date: March 27, 2012 08:03PM

He cracks me up. His videos are like a trainwreck! Right now, he has videos of an altercation he had with his neighbor and landlady... And the landlady has invited him to leave. Can't say I blame her!

Posted by: just a thought ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 07:55PM

that guy on public transport, the one you hope doesn't start a conversation with you, the one you avoid eye contact with.

Creepo, that one is.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: March 27, 2012 08:28PM

is tell the brethren to f--- themselves. Half won't find worthy penisholders and the half that do, might end up with jerks like this guy. Besides, I haven't seen the brethren push out a baby or two.

Date: March 27, 2012 09:30PM

Reid also goes off on his landlady...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Xac8kzAc8&list=UU2jIE4vhCo6HaQNqgFhqzMw&index=8&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1EJE3khw0I&list=UU2jIE4vhCo6HaQNqgFhqzMw&index=1&feature=plcp

Actually, I can't blame her for inviting him to move... though I can't blame him for not liking the shit running under the house.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.