Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nlgigantor ( )
Date: November 27, 2010 10:04AM

I had to logon to their site, and pay for it, but this is my comment:

(Note, the mission president is John Langeland, the mission is Norway, Oslo, the time period, is 1977-1978, and I was a good missionary.

I froze my buns off, ate badly, starved, basically, while this bastard was warm, ate well, did what he wanted, while I starved).

--- Start Obit

What a horrible old man. This man, accused me, a missionary in Norway, of being pastel-friendly, because my companion was one. I just wanted to be normal, and because my comp was one that wore the other shoe, it was my fault?

John was a horrible, offensive, mean, nasty person, his wife was no better. A fat, pretentious old bag. He deserved no better.

I sincerely wish he burns a slow death in Hell.

He never became a GA, which he wanted. He caused us all to freeze and be sick in Norway. Have you ever been in Norway, in the winter, wearing thin blue suits, no cars, no bikes, walking? As a result of this idiot?

And his wife Edna, what a bat! Fat, thick as shit. But we all had to stand up for this duo, like they were some visiting authority.

The pair of you deserve hell.

I served under you, you bastard. And I wish I had never done so.

The longer you and Edna burn in Hell, the better, you old ogre.

Kevin F. Kelley, former Elder (1977-1979) Norway Oslo Mission

-- End of tribute.

I loved my mission.

Not a chance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: November 27, 2010 10:45AM

My condolences. ;)

Lets grab a beer together to celebrate?

Date: November 27, 2010 01:57PM

Love to.

Next time I'm in the States, I'll drop a line.

Hopefully, you're in the western states...

Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: November 27, 2010 02:18PM

Find me on skype petitemalfleur

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: November 27, 2010 01:41PM

I celebrated when my MP died too. Similar circumstances. I also had to keep off FACEBOOK for awhile because it was too tempting to gloat in public.

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: November 27, 2010 02:10PM

So sorry to hear about your MP. How long did you serve under him? Hopefully he wasn't your MP the whole 2 years!!! I have heard so many horror stories about missionaries and their MP"s. And just their missions in general.And the mission leaders just keep on marching along....Do the MP's ever get in trouble for their horrible treatment of missionaries? Or is this just another church cover up. You have every right to be angry and hopeful that this MP will get his just rewards.

Date: November 27, 2010 02:17PM

I had 2 MP's. The first was the horror I described.

The second was a better man. Still, he lived a far nicer life than we did, in a nice, newly built house in the suburbs of Oslo. It would have been a large house, even in US standards, and we were living in filthy shoe-boxes.

After two years of freezing my butt off for the Lard, he gave us a going away dinner.

Truly, and I do testify, it made up for two years of horrible diet, digestive problems that persist, and everything else.

Didn't.

Crap, it's a wonder I live in Europe today.

Date: November 27, 2010 02:10PM

It's really odd, as that old f*cker really did my my mind in.

I sincerely wish him hell, him and his old b*tch of a wife. They both were a pair of ball-breaking bastards. One time, and one time only, they gave me something, and that was the evening I arrived in that horrid place, they gave me dinner. Next day, it was off to freeze, for the next two years.

While we were busting our asses, trying to to teach Norwegians, that had a far better life than we had, not baptizing, he was berating us for not having enough faith, etc. WTF? We were out 60+ hours a weeks, in sub-zero weather, freezing, while he and his obese wife were stuffing their faces.

60 hours of tracting per week was the minimum then. In sub-zero weather. I mean, I have never been so cold in my life. Or knocked on so many frozen doors, or been told to fuck off so many times.

Try living in Norway on 30 dollars a week. Can't be done. No wonder I've still got digestive problems.

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: November 27, 2010 05:07PM

I have another question for you. I know when my son was serving in Paris from 1998-2000 we were paying $350. a month for his support. (this son ended up in jail a few times with his comps,which of course we knew nothing about till he came home.) He lived in some trashy places too,but I've heard of much worse living conditions,maybe like yours was. Anyway,if missionaries are living in dumps,eating ramen,riding bikes,does it really take the whole $350. a month to support them? Is the church making a profit here? Do you know what the % (approx) is of missionaries that actually enjoy their missions?

Date: November 28, 2010 02:11AM

When I went, I was sent a monthly amount from home, it wasn't regulated by SLC. It came from my savings and my parents.

Basically, you spent for rent first, then utilities. Electricity was expensive there, it would be, as you had to heat the apartment, and water. 1 minute showers. Like living in a submarine. Then you spent for transportation, as we weren't allowed to have bikes, or cars, so you had to have a monthly bus/train pass.

Lastly, you spent for food. Needless to say, we ate cheap. We ate anything. Hey, I got to eat whale, as the Norwegians still hunted them.

All the while, this bastard ate well.

I wish he is sent to the deepest part of hell. He hurt so many people.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: November 28, 2010 02:13AM

And that will remain my guess until that mystical day when Jesus floats down on the clouds and demands a full audit of all the money they extorted in his name. ;)

Date: November 28, 2010 02:29AM

I think you're right.

I can only wish (hope) that there is a hell, and that they live there forever, eternally getting poked up their holy backsides.

Posted by: Crathes ( )
Date: November 28, 2010 09:39AM

I was also in the days of $$ sent directly to missionary. I was in Germany, late 70s. $$ dropped dramatically, so it got more expensive. Then I had a car and a phone.

Someone please correct me, but I think the standardized amount is now going up to $425/month. Again, no accounting. I realize that some areas (Tokyo, London) cost a damn fortune, but the church is leaving those areas. Others are damn cheap. My brother was in Peru, just prior to the standardization, and it was less than $100 and he lived like a king.

So, it depends. But, in any case, there is no accounting for the money. When remitted, the cash goes into the black hole, and the poor sap missionary gets a pittance. MPs are graded in part on how little they spend, so there is a desire to reduce costs. I know an MP who was in a Western European mission city who could not get a damn cent to maintain the mission home.

Posted by: swedish ( )
Date: November 28, 2010 11:41PM

Mrs Langeland died a few years ago. They were templepresident couple here in Stockholm in the 80-ties. Maybe you will be glad to hear that he had a tough time and that he was put in his place a couple of times here. After that he had lost his chances to become a GA I believe. But I can verify your discription of them. Just my biased opinion.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 28, 2010 11:23AM

Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: November 28, 2010 04:55PM

Sorry to hear you went thru all their BS. I am glad that you finally saw LD$ for what it was...For me, the Bishop would not help me with my gas bill and I froze my a** off for a year and a half in a p.o.s, trailer in one of the coldest winters in Utah history. Did I mention that I had BIG A** holes in the roof too, and the ceiling was caving in on itself? He didnt care! In the meantime, I had it out with the tax assessor, as I disputed the tax increase cause of the condition of the trailer...all they did was to call the health dept on me, so I refused to answer the door for anyone from that point on till I could escape from UT..I finally did escape 6 mos later...Hope the trailer burned to the ground!!I really hope that piece of s*** pays for what he did to me. Maybe not now, but it will eventually happen. I do believe in Karma.

Posted by: msmom ( )
Date: November 28, 2010 05:01PM

Date: November 29, 2010 12:31AM

Unfortunately, they never allowed it to be posted.

Posted by: truthseeker ( )
Date: November 29, 2010 11:11AM

I am patiently waiting for the day my former MP, Celo Bruce Chambers, dies. He was also an arrogant, number hungry, moron. Beyond his craziness for numbers he had a real hatred for cotton pants. I will never forget the announcement of the rule against cotton pants. I knew then that missions were a fraud.

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: November 30, 2010 01:47PM

what's with the cotton pants. The next guy (Pres Hudson) also had a thing against them. We blew that one off.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: November 30, 2010 01:51PM

Now you can piss on his grave. That's always fun.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.