Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 25, 2010 10:48AM

Someone recently said in a conversation about someone who had "lost his membership" that, "and, of course, he doesn't get to wear his garments any more." Doesn't "get to?" WTF?

I couldn't wait to get out of mine, and it was a highlight in my crappy little life to shop for just the right underwear until I finally found them. Now I "get to" wear cool underwear of several different colors. And no more trying to hide my underwear when showering in a gym.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: November 25, 2010 11:08AM

Someone actually believes that their religion has a say on what underwear people have on.

Oh wait, Mormons actually do try that.

I wonder, will "garments" wind up being the straw that broke the camel's back for this up and coming generation? I just can't imagine this young generation of children falling for such a stupid restriction.

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: November 25, 2010 11:29AM

That is very beautiful and an amateur model, coming out of the temple in her wedding dress, and I felt sorry for her and the garments she left the temple with. I mean, if you are such a beautiful woman, wearing garments every single day for the rest of your life, 24/7, must be a slap in the face. You enter the temple wearing and feeling cute, only to leave garment ugly.

I know, I was married for 19 years to a garment wearer, and was one myself. I shudder that I put up with that visual.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: November 25, 2010 11:43AM

Kevin Bacon's character is being initiated into the frat with a big paddle to his ass. To prove his loyalty, he asks, "Please, Sir, may I have another?"

Whap!

"Please, Sir, may I have another?"

Whap!

"Please, Sir, may I have another?"

And the senior frat guys smile, knowing they have a suck-up who will do whatever they want.

Wearing garments is like asking to be punished. Of course, the church convinces the faithful the ugly undies have magical protective powers, so not being "allowed" to wear them means, oh no, something awful might happen! Better repent quick and get your contrite, submissive butt back in line. Please, Sir, may I have another?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.