Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wonderer ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 11:58PM

My TBM family does not know that I no longer believe. I worry a lot that they will notice that I don't wear garments. I try to wear shirts that it wouldnt be noticeable whether or not I had garments on.

Is this the most absurd thing in the world, that the church has created a situation where people will look down on me if i have on the wrong kind of underwear!?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: resipsaloquitur ( )
Date: November 25, 2010 12:04AM

I did that for a few weeks after I left the Morg. Eventually I just realized there was no point. My family never even asked.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: November 25, 2010 12:09AM

If they know you don't believe, they probably will not expect you to be wearing garments anyway. I wouldn't worry about it. Besides it is winter. You will be wearing layers and thicker fabrics so it unlikely they will notice. Hopefully, by summer, you will be more comfortable with it. At any rate, I wouldn't wear the ugly things for the sake of someone else.If they are going to get bent out of shape over it, that is their problem, not yours.

Posted by: anon ( )
Date: November 25, 2010 12:33AM

I stopped wearing garments long before I told any of my family of my 'apostasy'. My mom noticed within days that I wasn't wearing them. So that is what tipped them off of my testimony 'problem'. Fucking cult. You change your underwear and your family goes ape-shit.

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: November 25, 2010 01:34AM

Dd came home for a visit about 8 months ago. I didn't know it at the time,but she noticed the missing magical undies and asked her dad-dh. I had told him I would tell the Utah TBM kids about me leaving the church,but he used this opportunity to share it with all 4 tbm kids.Just love (puke) this guy!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.