Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: February 26, 2012 04:39PM

I've been enjoying reading the blog posts of Daniel, who identifies himself as an ex-mormon living in Perth.

His February, 2012 blog post in the "mormonism" category included a list:
(The list below is excerpted from the post, and is not the entire post.)

The Book of Mormon's a terrible guide for moral living! Here's what you'll find:

Cutting someone's head off because you think God has told you to

Dark skin as a curse

Predictably Victorian notions about the chastity of women

War after tedious war

Jesus kills entire cities full of people, and brags about it from the sky while the people wail for their dead friends and family

Unforgivably torpid prose
------------
[End excerpt]

Here's a link, in case you want to read more:
http://goodreasonblog.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Mormonism

and that's just off the top of my head.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 26, 2012 04:52PM

Here's another excerpt from one of Daniel's posts in the "mormonism" category:

...Mormons secretly loathe and detest their church meetings, and look for any way to avoid them if they have anything better to do. And who can blame them? Between the well-meaning but excruciating ward choir numbers, amateurish talks, infantile lesson manuals, and other people's screechy children, many Mormons are under the (probably correct) impression that their meetings are the worst part of being in the church.

The Mormon method of worship has a lot to do with this. At their meetings, Mormons try to 'feel the Spirit'. This essentially involves boring themselves into a quasi-meditative state in which any sensation they feel is assumed to be the Holy Ghost. No wonder they gratefully escape when there's an opportunity to do something fun with family.

As for other churches, they ramp up their Christmas services because they secretly loathe and detest themselves.
-------- [end excerpt]

Link: http://goodreasonblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/why-do-mormons-cut-christmas-services.html

Date: February 26, 2012 05:13PM

Snippet from one of Daniel's posts on the Broadway play, "Book of Mormon":

"There's the epistemological side, too: Believing in something (which is likely to be wrong) is worse than believing in nothing. When you believe in nothing, you may at least be open to learning something. But when you believe in something wrong, you think you're right, and it's very difficult to shift. Bad information is worse than no information. Faith actually blocks understanding." [end snippet]

Misinformation blocks real information. I'm sure we've all had that experience when having a conversation with a TBM.

http://goodreasonblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/ex-missionary-in-book-of-mormon.html

Posted by: Leo ( )
Date: April 25, 2012 02:44AM

Hi
I'm trying to get in touch with people in plural marriages - can anyone help?
Thanks

Posted by: larry john ( )
Date: April 25, 2012 04:17AM

Ok I take the bait. I'm the first ex mormon from Perth ever on this site, now their is two of us... There is another from down south albany... maybe we all should meet up considering we live in the most isolated western city and state, in the god forsaken asshole end or bottem of the world down under.

3 soldiers that stand against arrogant power monger lds leadership, tho if there is any racist among the 3 off us,
ye are my enemy fuck off and no worse than the stinking arogant leaders of the church that like the racists fucked over my marrige and torchured me and my family for a decade.

Non racist soldiers step foward from Perth or any city australia
and New Zealand welcomed to join EMMA,,, exmormon movement association......Fight against those abused or discriminated against in the church to rescue,if they desire it,and its a volentarly service..

Larry...

Posted by: saying hello ( )
Date: April 25, 2012 05:20AM

I'm also from Perth :) From a historically very strong LDS family. If you were ever a long term active Mormon in Perth you'd know my relatives, almost guaranteed.

Posted by: ray ( )
Date: April 25, 2012 06:10AM

I live at Albany 400 kilomteres south of Perth.I was active in the como ward from 1985 to 1991.I was active as a mormon in Albany from 1991 to 96.I have not been involved in anything Mormon since then.I have posted here for 14 years on and off.

Posted by: larry john ( )
Date: April 26, 2012 12:14AM

I'll keep eye on all ya future posts and get hints of names and contact and meet up later down the track for a coffie/chat.

So who is Daniel then? We have Ray from Albany, and also from say hellow responded, cheers man, and also the response by once more unless same person...

ROCK ON Ex mormons from PERTH...I have nothing against spying in the church if attending, as many need help, counciling from abusive discriminating leaders that need to be taken out the back and shot. No not really almost tried that. Report anyone who is taking shit in mormonism including from racist to ex arab mulslems turned mormon are another dangerous lot especially a sister i know in rockingham who smacked me in the nose and almost broke it once when I told her to stop interfering in my marrige. He pommy husband thought I'de bashed her with her muslem cries to allah, but I should of taken 3 months jail for punching the bitch back and the husband also but the law sucks just had to leave and was terminated from attending... shit happens all the time in mormonism and the woman are no better and bloody gossipers....alls cool for now the boat seems not to be rocking toward war but lets build our army of defence nevertheless that arrogant prick leaders will never stand over people again and lead to break up of marriges or terminated over the leaders giving into gossip that is weak and unfair.... Strong leaders my ass would not do this and get to bottem of it all and go after the one lost sheep.
A buddhest mix for peace sake prevents me from blowing a fuse and controls my anger....

Larry......

Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: April 26, 2012 10:45AM

I never been to Australia but my sister served in Brisbane and her letters made me want to go there and in New Zealand but I never had the chance yet.
Anyways, thanks for the link. I like Daniel's blog. His is one of the first thing I found (and Bob McCue's) when I started to look into what bugged me about tscc (which was a long list) and realy got me thinking about a lot of things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2012 10:46AM by quebec.

Posted by: Leo ( )
Date: April 27, 2012 01:26AM

Hi All

I'm hoping to get in touch with some Australian mormons living in plural marriages/relationships.
If you can help please email me meggie.palmer@sbs.com.au

Thank you!

Posted by: pluralmarriages? ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 01:31PM

get over the plural marriage thing, hasnt been done for over a hundred years! become a better journalist and do proper reseach instead of the properganda crap

Posted by: petejones ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 01:39PM

I agree with above. im an ex mormon from melbz. It annoys me when ppl talk about plural marriages, it doesnt happen in australia and if there r people that do the they are not real mormons because they will be breaking their law of chastity. Although i chose not to follow the religion, mormons are nice christian people. nothing they do is weird. yes i agree with daniel the woman are gossips but then again i havent met a woman who isnt! haha.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: May 05, 2012 02:14PM

petejones Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree with above. im an ex mormon from melbz. It
> annoys me when ppl talk about plural marriages, it
> doesnt happen in australia and if there r people
> that do the they are not real mormons because they
> will be breaking their law of chastity. Although i
> chose not to follow the religion, mormons are nice
> christian people. nothing they do is weird. yes i
> agree with daniel the woman are gossips but then
> again i havent met a woman who isnt! haha.

Oh, but they ARE real Mormons. Just as real as Joseph Smith and Brigham Young.

Just like you might be a real Mormon, Pete. Are you? We will not be cross with you, if you are.

Posted by: Linkme ( )
Date: June 30, 2012 10:30AM

哈哈哈哈哈哈哈哈 The Church is not meant for people who have no vision and who criticise everything.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: June 30, 2012 11:06AM

Funny! And makes sense. "The Mormon method of worship has a lot to do with this. At their meetings, Mormons try to 'feel the Spirit'. This essentially involves boring themselves into a quasi-meditative state in which any sensation they feel is assumed to be the Holy Ghost. No wonder they gratefully escape when there's an opportunity to do something fun with family."

Posted by: Mattexmormon ( )
Date: November 10, 2014 08:52PM

Hi Group, I'd love to get in touch with others that found their way out of the church. I was born a Mormon in the UK and made sense of the nonsense in my early teens.

I do find that it has been a hell of a journey and have since become enlighten through my own intelligence.

Matt

Posted by: Aussieblokesarebest ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 06:18AM

Perth!

Isn't that almost in Africa???

Sydneysider

Posted by: silvergenie ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 08:10AM

Perth almost in Africa? Nah, not yet, but trying hard to distance itself as far from Sydney as possible. Hi to all fellow Aussies from Silvergenie who is currently visiting Perth from Victoria.

Posted by: lindy ( )
Date: November 11, 2014 09:58AM

Hi Silvergenie from a never mo here in Perth. I have a convert sis in law and come to RfM mainly for info.

Posted by: Standing up to stupidity ( )
Date: December 24, 2014 10:22AM

Everyone is related! It's a bunch of inbred Mormons. If your in nor Perth your either related to the Lekias family or the Robinson family or the Bennett family. It's insane. None of the ysa are Virgins, only the ugly ones. The divorce rate is really high now. Not surprised With most young ones running into marriage as soon as they hit puberty. Lust vs love, maybe they should 'pray ' about it. The whole thing church is run by gossiping women who think they are holier than thou but don't have a Christian bone in their body. Rockingham ward is the worst they even bitch about their own family.

Posted by: silvergenie ( )
Date: December 24, 2014 04:45PM

Almost tempted to go see what Rockingham ward is like when I visit Rocky again in January/February. On 2nd thoughts though, why put myself through hell on earth again?

Posted by: fluhist ( )
Date: December 24, 2014 04:56PM

Merry Christmas to all WA Aussies from NSW! Have a great visit silvergenie, it is such a pretty place, but HOT this time of year huh?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.