Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 21, 2012 11:40AM

Admittedly not healthy, but still awesome. It would go great mixed with vodka.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: February 21, 2012 02:19PM

My husband drinks Mountain Dew because he doesn't particularly like colas. I don't understand that because I like Coke and Pepsi and Dr. Pepper. My favorite is Diet Cherry Pepsi. Coke is great with rum and Pepsi reminds me of the lake in the summer, because it was my dad's favorite when I was growing up and he kept the kitchen in his sailboat well-stocked with Pepsi.

After DH has had a couple of Mountain Dew, I ask him why he doesn't just have a coffee, since he's consumed more caffeine that a cup of coffee would contain. He says he doesn't like the taste of coffee and tea smells like wet weeds to him. Can't argue with that, I guess. He'd probably love caffeinated Sprite. Maybe you should just write the company and suggest it.

Posted by: freeman ( )
Date: February 21, 2012 06:24PM

Are you sure Mountain Dew contains more caffeine than coffee?

Maybe they put more caffeine in the US versions of soft drinks than they do in the UK (or maybe you enjoy weaker coffee or drink it out of tiny little cups) but I'm pretty sure there is more caffeine in coffee.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: February 21, 2012 07:39PM

In the amount he drinks, there is more caffeine. According to the Mayo clinic, the average, generic 8 oz cup of coffee has between 95 and 200 mg of caffeine. The average 12 oz Mt. Dew has 45-55 mg of caffeine. My husband will drink a 32 oz Big Gulp or an entire 2 liter bottle in 1 sitting, which would put him right at a cup of coffee, maybe even over. Here's the website:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeine/AN01211

Posted by: Charlie ( )
Date: February 21, 2012 02:48PM

Why not take some No-Doz with Sprite?

Posted by: nomoworms ( )
Date: February 21, 2012 06:30PM

Sierra Mist (much like Sprite) has caffeine so does Big Red.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.