Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Zip ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 05:45PM

"...about masturbation when the two of you were alone in your private office?

Over the years, just how many young women have you asked? How many were minors at the time?

For that matter, how many married women have you asked -- young and old?

How many single young women have you questioned regarding their virginity?

That's just the women, now let's ask about the young men.

Please be honest Mr. Romney. You see, my news organization is searching for disaffected members of your past LDS congregations who will be willing to tell us their stories. My Editor suspects that this issue will get tons of international press attention."

[ This is dedicated to all the current and former young Mormons who have been totally traumatized by their priesthood leaders and have wished like hell that there was a way to hold these self-righteous men responsible for the damage they caused. ]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 06:01PM

Nearly the first words out of the mouth and completely out of the blue of this condescending arrogant bastard of an SP were...

"Well Elder, when's the last time you masturbated this week?"

I was floored to say the least.

If i knew then what i know now...i would have stood up and flipped his faux walnut desk up over and on top of him in hopes of making him a double-amputee.

All the while telling him where he can shove my mission call papers!

Because as we all know...God can heal everyone but amputees.

I would so love to have this Mormon worthiness interviewing "protocol" of youngsters splashed across all major National medias.

Maybe someone should alert Howard Stern for a good start.

Or so it seems to me...

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 06:54PM

Love the Howard Stern idea....he would play that one up big.

Date: February 18, 2012 06:09PM

WEll said....yes, ask Mitt. I would love to see him say "Oh, such questions are never asked"....then all you exmos will have a field day and inform the media.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2012 06:16PM by honestone.

Posted by: newme ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 07:05PM

Seriously. People need to know that this guys religion DOES matter. It governs his thoughts and decisions. Without a doubt, as a bishop he has asked members worthiness questions related to chastity. It's part of the job description.

Posted by: Taddlywog ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 07:20PM

Whenever they asked a question like this they had you convinced they already knew the answers because leaders are alway communing with angels and dead realatives and such... so if you lied they would know you were dishonest in addition to immoral.

of course if you told the truth it proved you were a trained pony and under their control.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: February 18, 2012 09:36PM

Who's Howard Stern's reporter? Stuttering Bob? He's perfect for the job.

Posted by: A ANON ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 11:53AM

So, how do we reach Howard Stern?

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 12:11PM

It seems that this would be a perfect piece of news that a reporter would love to write about. It has all the perfect ingredents of a great breaking story.....sex, underage women, Presidential politican (Republican no less), and a stuck up handsome guy that everyone keeps saying "He seems like a good guy but there is something kinda akward about him"

Akward like he has asked over a hundred underage girls and boys about masturbating? Ya Think?

Posted by: sonflower ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 12:13PM

I suspect Howard is on to this already, as he is one smart cookie, at least in my opinion, although I am not a big fan of his. I do think it would be great to contact him in case he hasn't picked up on this issue with Mitt. I would love to see how he handles this! just my thoughts, sf

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 12:24PM

-- without a leader, there are benefits. WITH a leader, there's a target, but a go-to person is just so efficient for public awareness.

For the love of god or nogod, let's have Steve Benson and not default to Howard Stern or Bill Maher (love him lol).

If you read Steve's last post regarding Jewish necro-dunking, he was careful not to overload the plate when communicating with Jewish leaders.

Steve has the bona fides and no one can match his deep understanding of the entire, ENTIRE sorry Mormon story. From inside, outside, he's seen it all and probably researched it.

There are several Mormon issues that we all know people would wet their pants if they knew. We do tell people on postings here and there--and we are always disputed by TBMs who sincerely tell us that no Mormon believes in Kolob. That this was never taught. And they are telling their truth, i.e, they were never taught.

So....I'm proposing we informally let Steve take the lead on this. Having worked for a newspaper, he knows when the time is right, when there's a "hook" for the news. I trust him to find the right person in the campaign, in Washington, the right spokesperson for victims of racism, sexual voyeurism/molestation, necro-dunking/sealings, massacre-hiding (I HAVENT FORGOTTEN MOUNTAIN MEADOWS SO HELP ME GOD THERE WILL BE JUSTICE), etc.

Steve: are you willing? Wait! I just saw a mantle float across the room....

:)

Anagrammy

Date: February 19, 2012 03:10PM

Well said Anagrammy.

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 05:27PM

Yeah Steve would be the best choice. I have to admit, I kind of like the Howard Stern idea too.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 10:47PM

He has a great website and covers the gamut.

Plus, he's related to Bruce R. McConkie.:)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2012 10:49PM by steve benson.

Posted by: topper ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 12:27PM

to the top..

Posted by: YBR ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 01:27PM

ask the ladies at the board on baby center, most claim such questions are not asked so I could see Mittens saying the same thing.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 01:32PM

Remember this would not just be a POLITICIAN you'd be asking. This is also a MORMON. And not just any Mormon but MORMON ROYALTY. He'd have an excellent comeback without even breaking stride:

"It is sad that speculation, innuendo, out-right lies and religious bigotry of the worst kind are still being used in this day and age. As you well know all priest-penitent conversations in any religious tradition are confidential. Now can we stop trying to make up things to bash my religion and concentrate on the real issues?"

Posted by: Zip ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 05:15PM

REPORTER REPLY:

"Mr Romney, no one is asking you for particulars, but there have been great issues regarding clerics and youth leaders having inappropriate relationships with young people in their charge.

Many voting Americans would regard it as inappropriate for such a non-professional neighbor to ask these kind of things of a minor. If a Scout Master or a Coach or a Teacher were to ask these kind of questions of a child, they would lose their jobs and possibly find themselves in court. You may chose not to answer, but if you do, the public will answer the question for you."

Posted by: ZIP ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 05:18PM

"Choose"...not "chose".

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.