Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: November 22, 2010 06:35PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 22, 2010 06:37PM

This question also applies to the guys.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: November 22, 2010 06:41PM

We married 6 months later, then divorced 19 years later. A lot of time spent on an individual that I now despise.

Posted by: wcg ( )
Date: November 22, 2010 06:42PM

Posted by: wcg ( )
Date: November 22, 2010 06:49PM

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: November 22, 2010 07:40PM

Wow, I could almost say "ditto." I was married 3 months after his mission homecoming and divorced 18 years later. And ditto on spending way to much time on someone that I now despise.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 08:55PM

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 11:50AM

Holy crap! That's my story to a "t", except it was 22 years.

Ron

Date: November 22, 2010 06:44PM

I'll poop on his doorstep. I'm not above doing that by any stretch of the imagination.

Plus I could use a good BM.

Date: November 22, 2010 06:48PM

Save your turds for someone more local - like Monson.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: November 22, 2010 06:50PM

Now I just need a slightly-turned Mexican dinner...

Date: November 22, 2010 06:51PM

Date: November 22, 2010 07:09PM

He's married now.... to a succubus.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 11:51AM

And this is bad how? :)

Posted by: Tahoe Girl ( )
Date: November 25, 2010 12:34AM

Sexual nocturnal demon woman, lol!

TG

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 22, 2010 08:13PM

Nope--I was one of those who didn't wait. When you get letters telling you you can't talk about work because you work with 20 men and he is jealous, it gets rather old. When you find out all the missionaries in his district (or whatever) were sending out cooking contest letters to all the girls they used to love--it doesn't quite sit right. I wrote him off about 9 months in. That wasn't the end of it . . . he called bawling saying he was coming home. I told him if he didn't stay, I'd never talk to him. (Wasn't I a bitch?!?!--he deserved to stay!) Then his district leaders sent me a rude letter mimmicking my letter. There were a lot of reasons I wrote him off--not just those above.

So--I did go out with him once when he got back. We tried to be friends. He is a teller at a bank somewhere in Centerville.

No love lost there.

I met my current boyfriend at the time I was waiting--at work, but I didn't date him until MONTHS after I wrote the missionary off.

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 11:49AM

Heck-how did I miss this post. Yeah I waited. We had been together for 3 years before he left. Silly me-I told him I wouldn't marry him unless he went on a mission. He had an older brother that didn't go-to busy playing football. We got married 2 mths. after he got home. Now 38 years later (about 25 which were good) you know the mess I am in.

Posted by: Snow ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 01:40PM

Yeah. I waited. The last letter I got, a week before he got home, said how much he loved me and couldn't wait to start the rest of our lives together, etc. He dumped me the day he got home, and married some chic from his mission 2 months later. And I was at Ricks that whole time...passed over quite a few guys that had the potential to be great relationships. PIG.

Posted by: Mo Larkey ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 02:49PM

My wife waited and it took a while before we got married after I "returned with honor."
Little did I know she was already engaged to the TSCC Cult. We still married and she is a good mother. It is interesting to note she has more pics of elderly LDS hierarchy men around the house than of me.
Still married.. I'm out and have been mentally since day one. When I got home I never wanted to go to church again.

Posted by: Diane ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 03:15PM

Waited. It was 18 month mission. Divorced 22 years later. Have 5 terrific kids out of it.

Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 03:34PM

come to think of it - I doubt it is much different now :-)

Briggy

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 09:27PM

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 09:44PM

I did. Had to. We got engaged in college after being together for so many years in the dating game. As the wedding date got closer, he panicked. He told me none of his brothers had gone on missions and it would make his mother so happy if he did. Well, being the little molly that I was, I thought he was so so righteous, and I vowed to wait for him. We got married 3 weeks(!) after he got home. Invitations were mailed nearly the day he arrived. I was THAT sure. Married 23 years, 4 kids. When he came out to me in 1992, part of the confession he made was that he had gone on that mission because he was terrified of getting married.

We get along fine as long as lots of miles separate us, which they do.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.