Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jw the inquizzinator ( )
Date: November 19, 2010 04:24PM

http://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/19CMNI&CISOPTR=7194&CISOBOX=1&REC=19

Much better than the trilogy by the trio

And another...with the aftermath...

http://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/19CMNI&CISOPTR=7378&CISOBOX=1&REC=7

two snippets:

"The property of the emigrants was sold at auction in Cedar City by Bishop John M. Higbee To this day jewelry is worn in Salt Lake City and teams are seen in the streets that are known to have belonged io the fatal emigrant train. A lady in Salt Lake City was one day showing a silk dress and some jewelry to some friends in the presence of one of the children who had been saved from the massacre. The little one, on catching sight of the dress, burst out in a frantic fit of weeping, and between its sobs cried out, "Oh, my dear mamma! That is her dress she used to wear it. Where is my mamma! Why doesn't she come to me?..."

"...The first trial of Lee, which took place two years and a half ago, resulted in a disagreement of the jury. Eight Mormons, and to his disgrace be it said, one Gentile, voted for acquittal. The other three Gentile jurors stood determined for conviction. That trial strengthened the accounts of the massacre that had hitherto been made public; in fact, established the truth of the terrible affair, in its most brutal detail. It was proven at this and the subsequent trial that BRIGHAM YOUNG WAS ONE OF THE CHIEF PARTIES in the instigation of the deed. There was and is no doubt that "Butcher Lee," as he is known, acted under orders from headquarters. He made a confession subsequent to his first trial, and it was about to be made public, —he having become convinced that the Mormon president was making a scapegoat of him, —when consternation seized upon his counsel and they prevailed upon him to destroy it...."
--------------------------------------

jw the inquizzinator comment: And thus we see the need for the fictional novel "Massacre at Mountain Meadows"...funded by the Church.

BY had to be exonerated.

The Information Age had brought too many facts to bear...too much evidence that points to a massacre ordered by a prophet of the lord.

If BY was NOT a prophet, then the Succession Crisis [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succession_crisis ] rears its head again...and "Utah" Mormons lose.

The stakes are high.

I encourage all to partake.......

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2010 04:49PM by jw the inquizzinator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MMM R ( )
Date: November 19, 2010 05:34PM

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: November 20, 2010 11:18AM

I understand that there are transcripts from the Beaver Court including MMM that have been recently catalogued into the archives at SUU.

Date: November 21, 2010 05:10PM

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: November 20, 2010 07:55PM

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: November 23, 2010 05:37AM

Date: November 23, 2010 12:48PM

Date: November 23, 2010 01:08PM

"Innocent Blood-Essential Narratives of the Mountain Meadows Massacre."

Posted by: Tuatha ( )
Date: November 23, 2010 01:19PM

Date: November 24, 2010 08:25PM

What do you make of that? I'm stunned that this could be in the BYU archives and any "historians" with access to that material can maintain their belief in the truth of the church.

Posted by: braq ( )
Date: November 23, 2010 03:40PM

For TSCC to say otherwise is proof of their "church" being founded by a fraud.

Much thanks jw for the great research you do; always look forward to your posts.

BY should have hung.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.