Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 30, 2011 01:41PM

This idea is free for the taking and could become rather lucrative as soon as the economy improves.

How about packaging food items for lovebombing?

The package labels could say:

To Whom It May Concern,

We miss you at Sunday School and Sacrament Meetings. Please come back to the one true church.

Love,
An anonymous local LDS member

Enclosed could be a tithing form or other important free scripture excerpts or quotes about the blessings of church participation.

The packaging could be designed to prevent contamination and to promote regifting and to suit recipients with food allergies or those who gag when mormons stalk them.

If they dump the food in their garbage can, it wouldn't attract rodents or foxes because of the heavy duty vacuum packaging.

Another advantage would be variety. Nonmormons might not want the same old fig bars every month if that's the only thing their VT has to pull from her end of world supply room.

Just a suggestion which would help everyone, assigned friends, target bomb victims, nonmormon neighbors, and little kiddies allergic to nuts who might find and want to eat the stuff but won't be able to open it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2011 02:07PM by Cheryl.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: matt ( )
Date: December 30, 2011 01:44PM

To cover hygiene concerns, the pack could contain no food items, just vouchers for various food outlets, including survivalist food firms!

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: December 30, 2011 01:48PM

Just like when you were a member, the love-bombing package can make you feel like a mere number and entry in a ledger once again.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: December 30, 2011 01:59PM

How about a return love-bomb?

Dear Love Bomber,

Enclosed please find a gift to demonstrate our love and gratitude for the gifts, calls, and attention you have given us since we realized the Mormon church is not true.

In return, I ask you to reconsider the time and money you have taken directly from your spouse and children in order to support the Mormon corporation. You think it's worth it because the church is true.

But what if it wasn't? My love-bomb gift to you is one, just one of many facts:

If the church is true, why didn't Gordon Hinckley take his opportunity on the Larry King show to explain the Plan of Salvation like the missionaries do? When asked by King if man could become a god, Hinckley answered "I don't know that we teach that."

This is the prophet, one of the brethren who does your thinking for you. How can a true church exhort missionaries to step up and take every opportunity to preach the gospel as long as they have even one person in the audience....and then the prophet wimps out. After writing a book called "Stand for Something."

Before you say the man was weak in that moment--this is the man who was called of God to run the church FOR YEARS as the head of the Committee--as a proxy for Benson and thereafter he has been the Big Wheel behind the church's success.

Do you think he was inspired ? Why was he so afraid to die?

Thank you for reading. For your next love gift, I have prepared another issue to discuss with you: The Book of Abraham and after that, let's talk about Mark Hoffman.

Perhaps you'll stay and have some milk while I have coffee with my cookies and we can talk about Joseph Smith--his character.

Sincerely,

Your Neighborhood Apostate

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 31, 2011 12:38PM

And also because there's nothing wrong with talking about mormon love bombing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.