Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: December 29, 2011 10:08PM

Wow! Can't believe they show this in Utah. Not too flattering for Joe Smith & mormons. Worth watching.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: December 29, 2011 10:43PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_U6mWu1XQA

(hee hee hee) couldn't resist the joke...

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: December 30, 2011 11:31AM

I worked with Doris Hansen when I lived in Utah. She grew up in polygamy and is a dedicated Christian. If the woman were Catholic, she would be a saint. Never met a more selfless person.

She often points out a little-mentioned fact: If the LDS church is so against polygamy, why don't they spend any of their charitable dollars for shelters and services to help women escape the enslaved life they once declared was "ordained by heaven/required for exaltation."

May I point out that TSCC was ready, willing and going house to house to combat the "evil" of homosexuality in California. Why not some effort to eliminate the evil they themselves established in America?

Anagrammy

Posted by: milamber ( )
Date: December 30, 2011 03:04PM

+1

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: December 30, 2011 03:36PM

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 25, 2014 01:58AM

+1 anagrammy

Posted by: raiku ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 11:00PM

+1 one of many examples that show the church doesn't really give a damn about the people that their church has hurt since it was started, and that the church is not all about "doing good" in the world, it has done enormous harm as you can see in the many physical and psychological problems of polygamous communities

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 11:29PM

This is a question that has always been on my mind.

At the very least, the church should be rescuing the kids that escape, or are dumped off.

WHY aren't they doing this??? They should be the top dogs in getting rid of polygamy. If they want to get into politics, this is where they should be.

The mormon church has enough money and enough clout that it could put a stop to this problem in Utah and the surrounding areas. Instead they act like they had nothing to do with it, and its not their problem. IMO they have a big responsibility in this department. They started it, they should help clean it up.

Posted by: Hikergrl ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 10:36AM

I am a huge fan. I have been streaming her tv show for years. It is good to hear someone validate her character and work since I am outside Utah as well.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: December 30, 2011 03:00PM

I've seen Doris Hansen on TV and I agree with you comments as well. All kidding aside I always thought it ironic that men will pay women $$$ to enslave them but the same men want to enslave women for sex for without paying anything.

Posted by: anon tonight ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 10:50PM

Is this show on tv ? Found some videos on you tube. Doris Hanson sure sounds like a very caring dedicated person to help people out of polygamy! wonder if she needs help?

http://www.whatloveisthis.tv/

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 26, 2014 10:40PM

She does need help. I would still be helping her if I lived in Utah.

This gal is the real deal - and I tend to be a tad cynical about Christian do-gooders.

This is where my charitable dollars will go when my ship comes in :)

Kathleen Waters

Posted by: nolomo ( )
Date: October 24, 2014 11:18PM

I am so glad to hear this about Doris Hansen. I am so impressed with her dedication. I watch her show and have learned so much. Bishop Earl Erskine seems to be sincere and selfless as well. I have no idea what I do or do not believe, but it is educational to watch.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.