Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: December 28, 2011 11:54AM

Anyone know these two? I am guessing that there is some Mormon cronyism going on here. President Mike Benson rehired as a director this guy Curtis after was caught in a prostitution sting last year over 49 other candidates. It is unbelievable in the wake of the Penn State and Syracuse investigations. What a slime ball. I don't really have anything against prostitution from a moral standpoint (other than underage and slave trade), but it is illegal and it shows terrible judgment and is certainly unethical without his wife's knowledge. I would be pissed if I was one of the 49. I suppose that S. Utah is still very incestuous.

Benson likes to tout his 4 stroke handicap and his trophy wife and photos of himself, the guv, the commissioner of the Utah Board of Regents in full golf regalia on the SUU website. Cronies at large.

NoMo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A year after prostitution sting, official returns to SUU
Education • Wesley Curtis returns in new role as director of regional services.
The SALT LAKE TRIBUNE

Published: December 23, 2011 08:33AM
Updated: December 22, 2011 11:38PM

Former SUU administrator Wes Curtis, who resigned in the wake of a prostitution sting, will return to the Cedar City campus. Photo courtesy of Southern Utah University. A year after he resigned in the wake of a prostitution sting, a former Southern Utah University administrator will return to the Cedar City campus in a new role as director of regional services.

Wesley Curtis, the one-time vice president for government relations and regional service, was among 50 candidates to apply for this post, and was picked as a finalist by a search committee.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© 2011 The Salt Lake Tribune
A year after prostitution sting, official returns to SUU
The SALT LAKE TRIBUNE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2011 02:11PM by Susan I/S.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: December 28, 2011 12:21PM

Disgusting. No consequences. SUUcks.

Posted by: Grits ( )
Date: December 28, 2011 01:54PM

Don't see that he paid much of a price professionally if SUU hired him back. Resigned and then got a job again.

Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: December 28, 2011 10:56PM

...they may go to church together and that they may have had it worked out before that he would get another director's job after he repented and took his year off. It is hardly unlikely that he was caught the first time that he had paid for sex.

The timing of the announcement is also suspect: right before Christmas with Christmas break and people more concerned with the Holidays than this travesty. I would be pissed if I was one of the forty-nine passed over for this job.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: December 28, 2011 02:08PM

Where's bignevermo when you need him?

Now that's funny right 'thar, I don't care who ya are...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.