Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 09:19PM

I'm on the TSCC's mailing list (Church History Gems). I just got this email quote:

"The pioneer exodus from Nauvoo, Illinois, began 4 February 1846. Nearly four years earlier, in August of 1842, the Prophet Joseph Smith shared his foreknowledge of the trek west: 'I prophesied that the Saints would continue to suffer much affliction and would be driven to the Rocky Mountains, many would apostatize, others would be put to death by our persecutors or lose their lives in consequence of exposure or disease, and some [would live to] build cities and see the Saints become a mighty people in the midst of the Rocky Mountains' (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, sel. Joseph Fielding Smith [1976], 255)."

Knowing now how the TSCC twists history -- I wonder why JS sent Wight down to Texas. I wonder if this story is a bunch of crap. Anyone have insights as to the "inspiration" on the move west?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 09:48PM

I'm sure it's BS. Look at how much the church has rewritten in just the last 30 years. It used to be the north American indian was the true lamanite until DNA testing shot that theory to heck. Now it's just the indians in central America.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.