Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 10:51AM

How many of you now have pets that didn't have pets as morgbots?

We had a couple of cats as morgbots. Now, I have no cats and one really cool mini schnauzer.

Ron

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bookish ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 11:06AM

and I absolutely love her! She's such a fun little dog.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 11:07AM

A woman goes to her local pharmacy to buy some hair remover.

The clerk says to her, "be careful if you go in the sun because this can cause chemical reactions and burn your skin."

The woman says, "Oh I'm not using this on my legs."

So then he says, "Well if you use this under your arms you need to let the hair grow out for a few days."

Once again the woman says, "I'm not using it under my arms."

So the clerk looking very confused asks, "Where are you going to remove hair with this?"

The woman smiles at him and says, "My Schnauzer."

The clerk rings up her purchase and after thanking her whispers, "I wouldn't ride a bike for a few days then."

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 11:08AM

I had a couple of fish and hamsters. My mom doesn't like animals.

But now I have two cats. One is a tan tabby, and the other is a tortoise-shell. I love them both more than I can stand.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 11:20AM

had 3 older females who turned into witches and hung on for years. I'm so sick of yowling, incontinence, and bad temper. They were in good health in general, but they wanted to wake us often at night to complain about life. They just seemed to blame us for not being born tigers. I dunno.

So we got a dog. We've spent $6000 so far on chronic health problems and I suspect he is in pain although he never complains. We love him to death, but I don't know if we can do this again. He's fearful and very aggressive with other dogs so we can't take him anywhere.

I look forward to no dependents.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 11:26AM

cats and dogs, chickens,(laying hens -- we loved the eggs), fish, and ... I can't remember what all else! One of our cats had kittens. That was quite an experience for the kids. All of our pets have died and gone to pet heaven! :-)

When I was a youngster,(long before I converted) I lived on a farm for awhile so I was familiar with chickens, roosters, pigs, (used to feed them), milking cows, (used to help grandpa move the salt lick), and horses, but never rode one at that time.

I'm allergic now, for some reason, and can't handle having a dog or cat or bird or anything with fur or feathers, in the house anymore.
I love cats and dogs in particular. I get my animal-fix, going to yard sales and visiting other people's animals! :-) Usually that short contact is Ok. And, I read lots of stories about dogs and cats! And, of course, I watch dog training shows on TV!

I'd love to have an animal again, but it's just not worth the health problems they cause me.

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 12:22PM

We lived in the country, so we always had a dog or two outside. Now I have 4 indoor(still live in he country, so they run on 3 fenced acres during the day) mutts ranging from 120lbs - 55lbs. My vet LOVES me. He should, I'm puting his kids through college. He took us to the Kentucky Derby a few years ago. I can't imagine not having a dog.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 12:24PM

Nice animals, but we have to pop benadryl like after dinner mints if we're around them.

My last pet was a Jack Russell Terrier named Muttley. Great dog. Like a battery on springs, and smarter than most human toddlers. If she'd had thumbs she would have ruled the world...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.