Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 04:41PM

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=13300153

From testimony today:

"He referred in his testimony Tuesday to the story of the creation that is depicted in temple ceremonies of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and said Mitchell once worked as an actor playing the role of Satan. Larsen said fellow temple workers told Mitchell, "You're one of the best we've ever had, but can you tone it down a little bit?"

"Larsen added, "I think he (Mitchell) was amused by their concern. He could play a good Devil — maybe more convincing than they wanted."

That's crazy ironic. I knew that he was a temple worker, but never knew it was playing Satan. I figured it was an ordinance worker.

I'll bet the big guys in SLC aren't too happy to have all the news reporters hearing about crazy guys playing Satan in mormon temples. That'll leave some of them going, what the hell?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 04:48PM

Date: November 16, 2010 04:49PM

steve benson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

Ripe material for a cartoon there!

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 04:52PM

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 05:12PM

LOL! Now all the non-Mormons who don't know anything about the temple ceremony are thinking...."Huh?......He played Satan? Exactly what did that include?"

The temple isn't secret or sacred. It's silly and embarassing and THAT's why they don't talk about it.

Posted by: Wilford Dandruff ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 07:54PM

I couldn't help but smile when I saw people asking "What are mormons doing with secret satan rituals in their temples?"

The answer, sadly, is much more anodyne than it would appear (at least since the ceremony was changed to take out the minister) but it certainly can't help the Mormon PR effort :-D

Posted by: Gwylym ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 05:19PM

but can you imagine the stories that will spring up now? "Oh did you hear, the guy who played Satan in the temple was taken over by Satan!"

Another way to cause fear and control.

Posted by: Merovea ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 06:51PM

...how much they have been victimized by the very Church they serve? I remember that the first thing they did right after discovering the kidnaping of their daughter, was to go to the GAs to ask them to please help find Elizabeth...hopefully through the visions of the "profit" who could ask Jesus where she was as they met in the "upper" room!

This is beyond imagination!

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 07:15PM

You can't make this stuff up!! So the Salt Lake Temple in particular is putting out fanatics, Brian David Mitchel (former temple worker) and Christopher Nemelka (former security guard in the temple).

The irony is that both of these guys tapped into the real core of Mormonism, which is that any one can claim to be called of God to control others, take advantage of girls and women, receive special revelations that go against common sense and cultural norms, etc.

So much for inspiration overseeing who is called to work as a temple worker or hired to provide security of the inner sanctum. I love how this stuff has to make TBMs go "huh?" How did the Lord not protect the temple from these evil men?

Date: November 17, 2010 10:22AM

Cristina Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> The irony is that both of these guys tapped into
> the real core of Mormonism, which is that any one
> can claim to be called of God to control others,
> take advantage of girls and women, receive special
> revelations that go against common sense and
> cultural norms, etc.
>

So true.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.