Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: November 15, 2010 02:47PM

and I get a call from some woman I have never heard of. I thought that she was just assigned to be a VT, or she was one of my kids' primary teachers. We haven't resigned, or attended in 2 years, so I knew this would be coming. Plus, my husband and I just have cell hones so the only way she could have gotten my # was through the ward directory.

Nope.

She was calling me to tell me about the miracle drug that cures everything from asthma to cancer and if I just set up a time she would come and visit with me.

Yup. An MLM.

So if we resign, our # would be out of the directory, right? Sheesh. It annoyed me so bad!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2010 02:48PM by heather.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Crathes ( )
Date: November 15, 2010 02:49PM

The church is very clear about using the ward list for commercial purposes, but this is very hard to enforce. They are also clear about copyright violations, but most ward choirs have photocopied sheet music with a copyright notice on the bottom. Hmmm... Must be OK to break the law if you are doing to sing in the ward Christmas program.

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: November 15, 2010 02:58PM

In Ohio (if not everywhere) it is a $25,000 ding to their pocketbook.

She'll think twice about calling you again.

I know my company treats this very seriously and now they NEVER cross that line as they once did routinely.

Posted by: Flying Under the Radar ( )
Date: November 15, 2010 03:50PM

Yep, years ago we had just moved into a new state. Get a call from one of the bishopric, he wants to come by for a visit. I'm thinking callings already? Nope, it was an amway sales/recruitment call.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.