Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Bob..not registered ( )
Date: November 15, 2010 09:56AM

Last week in church (I didn't go), my daughter was given a talk about being chaste, and wearing modest clothes. This was in Sunday School...

Last night, there was a fireside about standards. The boys and girls were separated, and given the normal drivel about how to not have sex outside marriage.

Then, the group was brought together in front of the stake president in the chapel, where he discussed masturbation and called it "self-abuse" and said not to do it.

My approach to this matter has been to tell the kids (2 teenage boys and a teenage girl), that their sex-lives are private and they do not have to discuss masturbation or sex with anyone, ever, including me. HOWEVER, I will discuss it with them from time to time, as will their mother.

We've told them that masturbation is normal, and fully approved. We've told them that sex is great, but they aren't old enough yet to manage the consequences of it. So, not having sex now is a good idea. However, if they want to have sex, we will provide the condoms.

I can remember being 14 and hearing Packer's talk about the little factory. I thought it was a weird talk, though I regularly masturbated. I remember thinking about what he said, and being driven home by my dad who made only 1 comment about the entire priesthood session when I asked what he thought. He said, "you'd better believe it."

Anyway, sex is natural, sex is fun. The church is unatural, church is dumb.

I guess the stake president in Sparks, NV can't raise his own bar, so he doesn't want any of the kids raising theirs either.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: downsouth ( )
Date: November 15, 2010 09:59AM

you know, if you have a problem raising your 'bar', they make pills for that.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: November 15, 2010 10:00AM

Kind of like telling people what kind of underwear they have to wear or making women cover their faces or forbidding men to cut the hair at their temples or insisting that one must drop and chant five times a day. It's all about control, baby! ;)

Posted by: Steven ( )
Date: November 15, 2010 10:05AM

especially given the irony of horney Joe's behavior - the dichotomy between current theory and historical practice is amazing. It's another way they inflict guilt on these young people and control them. Any organization that can control the type of underwear you wear, and make you feel guilty about it - truly owns you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.