Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: seekingtruth ( )
Date: November 12, 2011 04:37PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 12, 2011 04:42PM

There is a lot of truth to this story...I have known many of these people. It's unfortunate that someone can't write a story about their experience without the people that are the perpetrators getting to it to shut it down. I hope this story gets the media attention it deserves!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 12, 2011 05:09PM

It may have been something about that particular thread. There is still a NuSkin thread on page five (at present) that was shut down in a normal manner after nearly three dozen posts.

You can always email Susan I/S and ask about it.

Posted by: I believed this once, years ago.. ( )
Date: November 12, 2011 05:28PM

I wondered why the latest thread was "disappeared", and thought maybe someone went off on a crazy rant.

True, the book is raunchy and not for the kids, but NuSkin is doing a wicked job of trying to suppress this book and shut down websites and delete articles about it. Come on, this is America!

If NuSkin has a beef, they need to step up and instigate a libel suit, not sneak around and obstruct free speech.

I have read the book, and except for the last chapter, it is 95% about Sandie Tillotson's repulsiveness as a sexual partner, and how she uses her wealth to control and manipulate others.

As by the end of the book Adam casually writes "by this time she had bugged my phone and was monitoring my computer" you know he is describing a paranoid and distrustful relationship.

To his credit, he does not try and white-wash his own behavior. They were both wretched spouses. But Sandie crosses the line in her behavior toward the kids - really mean and abusive.

Nu Skin should have cleaned house long ago.

Posted by: I believed this once, years ago.. ( )
Date: November 13, 2011 08:29AM

After a rather harsh review of his book, I received a polite email reply from Adam Baker.

As I had supposed, he left out many, many experiences he had during his involvement with Sandie Tillotson and focused on those stories that would entertain (and warn!) a male audience on the benefits and drawbacks of being a "kept" man of a billionaire older woman.

Well, a controlling, paranoid, amoral older woman who relied on cosmetics, not health, to appear attractive.

Adam doesn't portray himself as an innocent victim - he actually had an pretty accurate intuition that his relationship with Sandie would be a stormy one, filled with difficulties - but his portrait of Sandie is devastating.

And all too truthful, to judge by the enormous efforts her lawyers are making to make this memoir "disappear". I don't think they will succeed.

It is a short, fun read and a fascinating look into the world of the ultra, ultra rich few people on this planet will experience.

If Sandie Tillotson was a woman who took excellent care of her face and figure, a woman who treated her romantic partners like fellow human beings, this book could have never been written.

Posted by: FrankS ( )
Date: November 14, 2011 04:44PM

I read this book, I know A LOT of the people involved. All I can say is that the book is true, and it appears that NuSkin is spending ungodly amounts of money to get rid of the truth. Instead of fighting a clean and fair fight in court, if they didn't like what he wrote, they have tried to just "erase" all mention of the book in the media completely. Is this so that Adam just "quietly" goes away, while their phase 2 attack just "quietly" gets rid of the poor guy? NuSkin is a dishonest company run by scam artists and crooks, and their attempt to quiet a voice that is speaking out against their company is apalling. It only makes people want the book more, and from what I know, the book has gone viral.

Date: November 15, 2011 12:39AM

This is interesting! An update from the Joe Alfieri

Contra Costa County Conservative Examiner

http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-san-francisco/david-vs-goliath-an-update-on-nu-skin-s-attempt-to-ban-a-book-1

Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: November 15, 2011 01:14AM

I emailed him and got a copy of the book. formerlyfilthyrich@yahoo.com

The most damning thing is that Sandie Tillotson sexually abused his teenaged son. The son became adicted to drugs.

She told him that she was raped when she was 13 and that her father did not report it because it would embarress the family. Also, she deserved it because she had gone against his wishes and went to the beach.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: November 15, 2011 03:48AM

Using multiple names (puppets) to agree with himself and promote his book. Chances are VERY good he is now posting as FrankS. The whole thing is very close to the liable line and we are shutting it down. Adam is going to have to go find another place to troll.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.