Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: November 14, 2010 03:22AM

To be clear, it's Ezra Taft Benson we're talking about here:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/50349153-78/benson-hoover-fbi-society.html.csp

"Benson ... was attempting to convince Hoover that the John Birch Society was a clear-thinking anti-communist group. So he wrote how it had convinced him that a friend of theirs had been a tool of the worldwide communist conspiracy.

"That friend was none other than former President Dwight D. Eisenhower, for whom Benson had served as secretary of Agriculture from beginning to end of his eight-year presidency."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2010 03:23AM by MJ.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: November 15, 2010 12:35AM

I have gone through each FBI document (i.e., those made available through the FOI Act). I found them informative but, likewise, do not regard them as all that surprising (I will be posting specifically about the FBI file content later, quoting directly from the file materials themselves).

Some of what my Uncle Reed (ETB's oldest child) and his wife May are noted as matter-of-fact saying in the Trib article in question were matters that ETB told me about directly and personally, either face-to-face or in letters which he wrote to me--particularly as they related to Communism, the John Birch Society and my grandfather's nutty Birch-inspired notion that Eisenhower himself was either a Communist or at least a duped tool of a worldwide Communist conspiracy to destroy America.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2010 01:02AM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.