Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: blueskyutah ( )
Date: November 13, 2010 11:36AM

I often think back about a day that I was required to participate in a youth baptism for the dead activity at the Logan temple. As I sat in the waiting room, I witnessed the women who were performing their service by washing all of the white clothes and towels for the kids as they were routed around between the font and the room getting baptized and confirmed for the dead...

When I really started to think about what was going on, I realized that these women were not really doing any kind of service, they were just really playing a game. Kinda like when you get online, goto Yahoo games, and start playing.

You have to learn the rules.
As you play longer, you get better.
You can spend your time playing the game and it makes you feel good.
It doesn't do any harm.

But there is one way that this whole temple game differs from other games...

IT DOES HARM!

In order to play the game there is a long list of elitist requirements that have to be adhered to. You can only qualify to play if you meet the requirements. This is absolutely harmful to those who want to play the game but don't want to meet the requirements or don't believe in them.

The only solution is ... don't play the game. VERY SIMPLE.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: November 13, 2010 11:40AM

For some people thats like saying 'Dont go down that road you'll be killed by the killer bees down there' wile that person is being dragged by the arm by idiots.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.