Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 10:35PM

That one guy looks like......oh never mind.
http://www.ksl.com/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: another guy ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 10:47PM

"Surveilance Photos"? It looks like they would have to have cameras all over the place to take those photos. Worse than a totalitarian regime...

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: November 13, 2010 06:21AM

I think some moral outrage is called for, but I can't muster a whole lot... I'm glad they landed safely, and I doubt they'll be repeat offenders, at least from that location...

Wonder if the next two will try it naked...

Posted by: Nick Humphrey ( )
Date: November 13, 2010 07:42AM

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=13257041
"Surveillance photos show the jumpers in an elevator at the LDS Church Office Building Friday afternoon."

what?! anyone can just go into the COB? seriously? i thought you had to have a temple recommend or something? do they not have metal detectors and x-ray machines at the entrance? how did these guys get in with their gear?

"witnesses called police to report two parachutes coming down from the top of the building."

why?

"If you have information on who these jumpers are, contact the Salt Lake City Police Department at 801-799-3000."

more like:
If you're a f-ing RAT and a dick and you have information on who these jumpers are, contact the Salt Lake City Police Department at 801-799-3000.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2010 07:46AM by Nick Humphrey.

Posted by: Zeno Lorea ( )
Date: November 13, 2010 10:34AM

Nick Humphrey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> what?! anyone can just go into the COB? seriously?
> i thought you had to have a temple recommend or
> something? do they not have metal detectors and
> x-ray machines at the entrance? how did these guys
> get in with their gear?
>

I was in SLC on 9/11. The following week, as the city was swarming with stranded tourists who had never wanted to go to Utah (remember planes had to land at the nearest airport, so a lot of NY-to-LA tourists were stuck in SLC as the US airspace was closed for 72 hours) my mother and I visited the COB observation desk.

I remember the place being full of tourists, I remember the workers asking everyone where they were from ("Switzerland? Wow! Madrid? Wow! New Zealand? Wow! Hickville, Alberta? You live near one of our temples!") but nobody checked my backpack or my mom's handbag.

When we asked if there was a public phone booth inside and showed an international calling card, explaining we wanted to call asap because of the time difference, we were even led to an office and given a phone, free of charge as it turned out. And all this while the rest of America grew more paranoid than Dick Nixon in his worst nightmares!

By the way: not once during our visit did my mother mention we were LDS, and we most certainly didn't look it. I'm still impressed with how helpful people were.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.