Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: October 21, 2011 08:16PM

I found this posted on another LDS-related forum. It was also posted on BY Common Consent, which posted the link to this article:

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/south/payson/article_bda1dd49-4d9f-5bda-8ef1-4f49f99c3721.html?mode=story

Basically, it's a story of Dallin HOAX breaking ground for the Payson Temple. But what he did and did NOT do pissed me off!

"Following his remarks and the closing exercises, Oaks invited the four general authorities in attendance to shovel a scoop of dirt from the shallow trench, followed by the 26 stake presidents in the Payson Utah Temple District, then local government officials, and lastly, any 12-year-old ordained deacons.

OAKS NOTED THAT HE PURPOSEFULLY EXCLUDED WOMEN FROM THE CEREMONIAL SHOVELING OUT OF RESPECT FOR THEM BECAUSE OF THE MUDDY CONDITIONS IN FRONT OF THE PODIUM. HE DIDN'T WANT THEIR SHOES TO GET SOILED."

OH MY GODDAMN FUCKING GOD!

I HATE this goddamn mother fucking pea-brained sexist hypocritical piece of shit sorry excuse for humanity truth-twisting hypocritial guilt-tripping-you-men-gotta-marry goddamn asshole piece of fucking shit who's one of THE WORST supposed representatives of God and Christ who needs his head and entire body and everything shoved up his goddamn mother fucking ASSHOLE. This asshole doesn't know shit about respecting women. NNoooo, he DELIBERATELY left women out of the ground breaking, just because he thought they would get their shoes soiled. In the meantime though, he invited a whole slew of priesthood dicks to break ground and get THEIR shoes all ruined!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2011 08:18PM by imalive.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: October 21, 2011 08:27PM

wellll you notice the men are standing on astro turf so their shoes don't get dirty. That excuse just don't fly.

Posted by: Flanders ( )
Date: October 21, 2011 08:30PM

For heaven's sake, youralive, don't sugar-coat it...tell us your real feelings on this.

Thank you for expressing what I thought when I read about Oaks' disrespect for the females at the ground-breaking. My TBM ex-wife was there and I'm sure she wet herself when his gallant behavior was demonstrated for the weaker sex.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: October 21, 2011 08:40PM

(Batting eyelashes so innocently) but I thought I did. :-)

I HATE that man! I hate his goddamn mother fucking pea-brain-sized sexist guts!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2011 08:40PM by imalive.

Posted by: Flanders ( )
Date: October 21, 2011 08:55PM

Posted by: Gorspel Dacktrin ( )
Date: October 21, 2011 08:48PM

who has given the "Testimony Glove" to the world. He has obviously encouraged her to pursue her ambition to be a pioneer in the propagation of religious propaganda through arts and crafts.

He just didn't know how to involve the womenfolk in the groundbreaking ceremony. He should have asked his wife. They could have had a team of choreographed Testimony Glove dancers swaying in the background as the priesthood guys shoveled shit in the foreground.

;o)

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 21, 2011 11:13PM

He probably thought he was being funny. He's a moron.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2011 11:14PM by CA girl.

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: October 21, 2011 11:57PM

Hopefully the men later cleaned their own shoes and didn't expect their wive/ mother (for the boys) to do it for them.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 12:21AM

He wanted them to be able to focus completely on wiping clean the shoes of the Priesthood holders with their hair...

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 01:59AM

as to whether or not they cared more about the state of their shoes or about participating in the ceremony?????

(Don't bother answering; we all know. He was making and underscoring his point very clearly.)

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 03:09AM

This is yet another reason why I'm glad I'm out, as it's blatant sexism. After all, the penishood holders are all standing on a green rug to protect their precious shoes. It would be fun if Mormon women wore muddy shoes this Sunday, but that's not going to happen.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 05:17AM

...are higher up in the hierarchy than women!

So then same 12-y/o children went home and whined fer mom to clean their shoesies, I bet...

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 05:20PM

This might be an appropriate time to recall the short poem quoted by BYU Religion professor Rodney Turner in a speech to the students:

“Woman are doormats and have been
The years those mats applaud–
They keep their men from going in
With muddy feet to God”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2011 05:20PM by baura.

Posted by: FreeRose ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 10:42AM

Caption: Movn' up the corporate ladder.

Posted by: jazzskeeter ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 11:27AM

So when the weather is nice, the women will be able to participate.

Is this standard procedure? Have women ever been included in a groundbreaking? Or is this a Dallin Oaks thing?

Posted by: molarkey ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 11:30AM

In a interesting twist on ground breaking you might be surprised to learn it takes 26 muscles to smile and 62 muscles to frown but only 4 to hit your fellow p-holder in the head with a shovel.

your welcome

Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 11:32AM

HAHAHA this made my day...well said:)

Posted by: PtLoma ( )
Date: October 22, 2011 01:15PM

Separation of church and state? Not in Utah!!

I could understand if Chaffetz held a high church calling, say Stake President or a counselor. Nope. He is simply a high ranking government official who happens to be LDS.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.