Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 05:05PM

I'd just like to see them vanish.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jon ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 05:07PM

I would just like the factual truth to be told so people can their own mind up based on reality as to wether to follow Mormonism or not.

Justice would then be appropriately left to free agency

Posted by: Comfortably Numb ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 05:15PM

Plus, there are few Mormons who I'm going to track down and rub in their face mercilessly just as they did to me when I left.

I still remember one bishopric counsellor who I served with on two bishoprics who really turned hostile and agressive towards my reasons for leaving. I'll never forget how he said I would find Joseph Smith standing next to Jesus Christ at the judgement bar and how I would shrink away and hide from Joseph. I laughed and said that I had no doubt that Joseph would not been anywhere near Christ at that day except for when he's braught in chains before him to be cast into the fate he deserves.

Later, just a few months ago, he tried to tell me that these were just good men who made mistakes but the church was still true...wow, if that's what it takes to make you feel good about polygamy, the peepstone, the masonic rituals, etc, then I really do feel sorry for him. He's seriously bet on the wrong horse and it's so easy to confirm and catch Joe in his lies that I have no sympathy for people who claim to have researched the history and choose to stay in it. They've picked their fate, I escaped mine.

Posted by: Nick Humphrey ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 05:16PM

and i also like what Jon said =)

Posted by: rj ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 05:21PM

No special tax treatment.
They run it like a business they should be taxed like one.

Posted by: fallenangelblue ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 05:53PM

+1 I totally agree. No tax exemptions.

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 06:41PM

The majority of its income gets pumped into real estate ventures.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 10:02PM

rj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No special tax treatment.
> They run it like a business they should be taxed
> like one.

I agree 100%

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 05:47PM

That people would stop giving it money, and that it would slowly and quietly liquidate itself into non-existence.

That's all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2010 10:25PM by jpt.

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 05:49PM

For them to have to live without the church thats all. Thats the most hellish thing I can think of for them. To live without that security blanket.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 05:54PM

... while the first presidency takes electro-shock treatments for having militant homophobic thoughts.

That would be cool!

Timothy

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 05:55PM

I really don't care about them, except where they still impact my life (like with their political meddling).

Does this mean I'm recovering?

Posted by: Duder ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 05:57PM

The punishment for being a self-righteous, dishonest prick who preys upon the weak, the old, and the retarded is . . .

being a self-righteous, dishonest prick who preys upon the weak, the old, and the retarded.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 05:58PM

Posted by: another guy ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 05:59PM

1. Bankruptcy and complete liquidation of its assets.

2. Official admission that it was all a lie.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 06:01PM

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 06:06PM

I myself would like a public apology, a refund of all my tithing, and the transformation of all the ward houses into community centers. If they stayed a church, they should be required to have an all-female clergy and provide free counseling to all the damaged families, paid for by selling off the temples.

It would be delicious of BKP would come out of the closet and Monson join AA for his secret vice. But that would be just gravy.

Anagrammy

Posted by: bobcat ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 06:36PM

F. Mike Watson telling Monson that Christ has returned, according to the guy on the telephone & to tell Monson that the call is coming from Rome, Italy!

Posted by: bobcat ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 08:47PM

Duder, I wish that I could make a poster of your post & hang it in my classroom!!

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 08:52PM

1st, the membership begins to walk out in droves after factual information literally floods the media.

2nd the families of the General Authorities walk out and begin vocally renouncing their faith.

And lastly, the government confiscates all their holdings and auctions it all off.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 09:24PM

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: November 13, 2010 12:21AM

Posted by: Apatheist ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 09:30PM

They need to admit it's all a lie. Then they need to disappear. And I would like a time machine for all the wasted years and bad decisions I made based on it.

Posted by: melissa3839 ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 09:45PM

I would just want them to start acting like a normal church!

Let the women wear pants if they want (including the female missionaries!!!).

Let the missionaries date (I mean really, nobody cares!).

Get rid of the mason-like temple ceremonies. It scares people and is the backbone of 90% of LDS' problems.

Just let people attend church on Sunday, and if they want they can pay tithe.

Tithe should be 10% of what you have left over AFTER taxes, and AFTER your bills are paid.

Just be a CHURCH. Support the belief in the bible, god and Christ, stand on your own two feet and quit tripping about Joseph Smith, and becomming Gods!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2010 09:47PM by melissa3839.

Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 10:52PM

the slightest thing about anything religious let alone any god. I would like to see them publically humiliated as the frauds they are. I don't want any apology, just the whole world seeing them for what they really are....business men. Then I'd like to see their financial books made public, their tax free status removed, and (this is REALLY pie in the sky) all that is owned by TSCC turned over to a worthy non-profit organization that is non-religious. Well, I might even settle for the Salvation Army taking it over. Maybe I'll dream about such a perfect outcome tonight in my sleep. lol

Posted by: Nick Humphrey ( )
Date: November 13, 2010 08:00AM

Cali Sally Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, I might even settle for the Salvation Army taking it over.

not the salvation army:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Salvation_Army#Opposition_to_hiring_homosexuals
http://www.nbc26.com/Global/story.asp?S=9684520

either give it back to the members or give it to "doctors without borders"

Posted by: lily ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 11:07PM

1. Admission from CoB that it's all a fraud.

2. Disbanding of all wards and stakes.

3. Liquidate assets and pay back as much tithing that they can. (Lard knows they have the records to do it!)

4. Temples become open to the public and used for all sorts of humanitarian aid and/or debauchery. :)

Personally, I have this dream of KKK taking the throne, and one day, during Gen Con just saying, "F**k it! It's all fake!! We're all faking it and using it to stroke our egos!!"

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: November 13, 2010 12:21AM

I have lifelong issues with anxiety and self-esteem because of that "church," as well as a superficial, strained relationship with my parents. There is no justice for that.

In order for real justice to be done, the clock would have to be turned back and Joseph Smith would have to be dead before he even thought of the book of mormon.

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: November 13, 2010 12:35AM

For the prophet to stand up,in a special,everyone better be attending and listening,meeting and say it's all a lie. That would be soooo sweet. And of course we should All get our money back.

Posted by: JF ( )
Date: November 13, 2010 08:26AM

The church needs a department of internal affairs, like police departments have. The current structure allows no recourse for members who are mistreated. Stake presidents support their bishops, and no one listens above the stake president level. An independent body who investigates members' concerns would be a welcome change.

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: November 13, 2010 10:09AM

Reading some of the posts I think I have a diffrent idea now.

I want one of the presidants wives hopefuly this one to convince her hubby not to make a will that will have the church assets going to the next presedant but as next of kin they all go to her. She takes everything and shuts down all church busnisses that arnt helping people but those she slowly makes sure some other organisation takes over with and she sells off everything makeing a massive ammount of money.

She goes pubilc and as the wife of the presidant she gives huge ammounts of proof its all just a big fat lie and after that everyone goes public about the abuse they had at the hands of the church.

That huge ammount of money from selling off church land busnisses and even down to the brass bulls on the temple baptismal fonts suddenly all gets put into charaties every last penny of it. Mostly charaties that will deal with helping sort out the problems the church caused.

So slowly everything goes back to normal and slowly the damage is patched enough so people can live thair lives without fear of the church.

By the next genoration of kids it was just a bad memory for most people and gets to have no mroe affect than the bogyman.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: November 13, 2010 12:11PM

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: November 13, 2010 12:20PM

but I'd be delighted if they had to pay taxes.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.