Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 09:42AM

I often make comments on the LDS news articles, and yesterday made one regarding one of the Elizabeth Smart articles. I mentioned that so many things things like her abduction and the Lafferty murders really have their roots in Mormon polygamy, and I credited Jon Krakauer for this thought. But later they removed my comment. To me, the comment was not as cruel (if it was cruel at all) as some of the ones the preceded and followed mine.

This is not the first time that my comments were removed. It has happened now some three or four times, and yesterday when I went to log in, my log-on was no longer valid and I had to do a new one. I don't know of that was related or not.

Has the Trib become a shill for Mormonism? They used to be the voice of reason and dialog, since the Deseret "News" is an organ of the Mormon church. And if the Trib was not exactly "the voice of reason and dialog," it was the next closest thing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nina ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 10:20AM

Someone in another forum wrote that the SLT has been bought by the morg.
Which reminds me, not too long ago I emailed a reporter and when I read another article, checking out the comments, a pop-up said 2 things: We have saved your info and exmormon (huh?) Creepy!!!!
I guess removal depends on who works on these boards for the day.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 10:26AM

Which, as those in the know realize, was orchestrated by the Mormon Church while LDS judges winked knowingly at how Phil McCarthey's option to re-purchase the paper was egregiously ignored as Singleton blatantly overvalued its worth (insisting it was worth twice what he paid for it). If such were really the situation, why did Singleton and MediaNews wind up in bankruptcy reorganization a few years later?

The Deseret News does appear to be on the skids, and frankly, it almost makes me want to believe in karma... Perhaps the church will begin staffing it with senior missionaries and other unpaid volunteers...

Tribune Religion Editor, Peggy Fletcher Stack, a TBM, assumed considerable power after the management change, and yes, internal politics do mean that some objective information is still published, but that's more a function of a "pendulum swing" than anything else...

Consider that vocal, articulate sorts such as Tom Barberi, Will Bagley, and Holly Mullen were "shown the door," and the nature of the beast is obvious.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.